running

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ahh, A Nice Long Run


I missed my long run last weekend becuase I ran the Lady Track Shack 5k. I had thought about a long run the day before, but I really wanted to do well on Sunday, so I passed. I also thought about running on Sunday when I got home, but I never did. I was so cold by the time I got home that I took a super hot shower, and I turned the sauna on. I never could get warmed up. I actaully brewed a pot of coffee at 2:00PM to see if that would help. It did somewhat - that and laying in bed with all of the covers. Hmmm, I wonder if the mindless TV I was watching helped warm me up too...
By the time this weekend rolled around, I was going crazy! Maybe not as crazy as these folks above participating in the Samson Stomp in Milwaukee on January 21st. That was the same day I ran Clearwater... And I thought I had it bad. It could aways be worse.
I thought about running yesterday. I even went as far as getting dressed. I decided I was just too tired and I wouldn't be happy with my results. I has a jewelry party on Friday night. You know, it's like a Tupperware party, but with jewelry. We has a bunch of snacks. Cheese and crackers, chips and dips, some pizza. It was all wonderful, but not the best fuel for a long run. I held off until this morning. I ran a fantastic 12 miles. It felt so good!
I wish I could translate my treadmill pace onto the road. It seems when I ran slower it was dead-on. Now my on the road pace is about a minute slower than my treadmill pace and it gets worse with more miles. I ran those 12 miles this morning in 1:36:22. At that pace I could run a flat half marathon in just about 1:45 +/- . I could have kept going, I actaully was thinking about 15 miles, I had other tasks weighing on me and the kids were getting restless.
My hill training HAS to start this week. I need to break out of my confort zone.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Well hello Miss Maddy! I was just enjoying your blog. How is a gal from Orlando running in that snow and ice???

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Maddy said...

Thanks for the comment. Ohhhh Noooo! That was not me in the snow and ice. That picture was representative of pure craziness! I was in Clearwater that day cursing the Intercoastal Bridges. We should all be thankful for what we have!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home