running

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Dogs Sleep, I Run

I have fallen into a pretty decent morning routine. I get up (most mornings) between 4:30 and 4:45, get dressed and then I feed the dogs. While the dogs eat, I get my water ready, turn on the TV close the doors and get on the treadmill.

I experimented a few weeks ago with running in the evenings and it just wasn't working out for me. We solved the sudden treadmill noise problem by adding two layers of the interlocking floor mats. Darrell says he doesn't even hear it anymore and the kids have slept through it ever since.

When the dogs have finished eating they join, Greg and Vanessa, the local morning news anchors and me in the living room. They sleep. I run.

This morning while the dogs slept with their full bellies, I ran 6 miles. I have figured out the key to a decent run in the morning is to keep the display covered (I peek...) and just keep going.

I was done and totally energized before 6:00 AM.

Awesome! There are no other words for it!

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

A great way to start the day! I just can't get to bed early enough!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger David said...

What are you doing running indoors in these great temps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home