running

Thursday, February 08, 2007

My Hips Don't Lie - The Right One Hurts

By the time I got to bed on Tuesday night my hip was a little sore. I set my running clothes out as usual, but Wednesday morning I decided not to push it. I would give it a day of rest.

By lunchtime I hurt so bad I could have cried. I took some advil and hobbled through the day. I debated with myself all afternoon. Could it be my shoes? They have less than 150 miles on them. Do I need to go to the chiropractor?

I was dead-on for my goals this month. Now and I'll spend the next few weeks catching up.



I am resistant to go to the chiropractor. I know she has helped me before, and I'm sure she could help me again. But what if it really is the shoes? I wanted to go to The Track Shack I had heels on and I was afraid I would be scolded. And I thought that maybe they would need to look at my shoes to determine if that was the problem.

I thought I would be better this morning. I was not.

My chiropractor is in Eustis on Tuedays and Thursdays, Winter Park on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I had lunch plans today anyway, so I thought maybe I could get in tomorrow. The office manager must not have been there today. I called and left a message and tried back (desperately) several times today and never got a return phone call.

The pain is in my hip and radiates to my back - just slightly. Sometimes it doesn't hurt at all - with or without Advil. Other times it hurts so bad I can barely move.

I hope I can get into the Chiropractor tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up and feel fine.

Do I need new shoes? Already?

Damn.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger David said...

I used to bow before the chiropractor until I discovered my massage therapist. Much more soothing and specific. I like a good crack now and then but I am sold on the firm finger and hand approach.
I doubt your shoes are done at 150.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

I agree with David, likely not the shoes. I would go to the chiropractor with something like that, but you never know. Some new approach may work (I need to try massage).

Hope you feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home