running

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sarasota to Miami

Hip Report:

In my effort to stop being stupid, After an afternoon at the Magic Kingdom yesterday with no pain, I was tempted to run and run and run today. Instead of the 12 - 15 I was planning on, I took it easy and only ran 4 at a slower then normal pace.

I'm feeling fine and I plan on keeping it that way. I hope to be back to my rugular routine tomorrow.



My plans have been confirmed. Immediately following the Sarasota Half Marathon I will head back to North Port where we will be staying with our graciuous host and hostess Mike and Pam - jump in the shower, say goodbye to the family and then head to Miami for the MarketingSherpa Email Marketing Summit, I'm an email marketing manager at an interactive marketing agency in Maitland. This is one of the best events of the year. And I am excited about it.

On Tuesday one of the VPs asked me if I was going to the summit. I said I was, but there was a possibility that I would miss a portion of Sunday's bootcamp becuase I would be in Sarasota in the morning. She asked why I was going to be in Sarasota. I told her I was planning on running the half marathon in less than two hours that morning.

"Won't you be too tired to get to Miami after that?" She asked.

"Nope. That's the beauty of 13.1." I told her.

I'll run, drive to Miami, go to some meetings, have a good meal and be fresh for the summit in the morning." I can bounce back quickly. And for that I am glad.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Susan said...

"That's the beauty of 13.1"

I love it!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger David said...

I wish I was going to the summit too. I could benefit from some of those discussion topics.

I am glad your wheels are cooperating again. Rebuild for Sarasota and have a good run.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

You have to consider for some folks, 13.1 would lay them up for a few days (my first 13.1 had me stiff for about 4 days...but then again I didn't really train well for it).

Now that I have done the marathon distance, the 13.1 doesn't seem so intimidating...more of a "beauty."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home