running

Monday, February 12, 2007

The Skort

Occasionally I see ladies at races wearing skorts. Is this the best invention ever? A skirt with a pair of shorts built right in. I found one that looks like a winner. And it's black, my favorite clothing color. but will it work for me?

The Chiropractor reminded me on Friday that I am not built like a runner. "You're built like me," she said. "heavy legs."

I never thought I had heavy legs. I have always been proud of my strong legs. They aren't tiny little stick legs. I am happy to say that I can work it in a skirt.

So maybe I can take the function of shorts and add a layer of a skirt. I might like some of that action shots from the races enough to finally buy one if I can't see the motion of my leg in the picture. I am going to have to act fast so I can get a long test run in. Is it worth the investment? Fifty bucks!

3 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger David said...

I think the skorts are very nice. The ladies I know who wear them love them. Not as much chafing and a much more appealing feminine look.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Where can you buy the skorts? Online or does Track Shack carry them? $50 bucks does seem a bit much....

What does it mean to have "heavy legs?" Does it mean that you have more muscular legs vs the skinnier long runner legs we see on those elite types?

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hello Miss Strong, Thin Legs! Black is also my favorite.

You GET that short if you want it! And I want a full review!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home