running

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Cross Training - It Aint That Bad

I am going to do this right. Or, the best that I can... So I have made a deal with Petra. We are cross training. When the schedule calls for it, we're doing it. Marathon Chris has also been hanging tough with her cross training ( and a double run on Wednesdays - w00t)!

Since I have been working from home and it is getting lighter earlier, it was much easier to get my swim in before my work day began yesterday. And I swear, after 3 or 4 swimming sessions, I feel like I'm getting better at it - or I'm not as winded as I thought I would be.


Cross training is just a few steps away

As my milage ramps up I am going to check out some of the pace predictors. I am planning my goals... Yet I want to be realistic.

6 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Wow, can I move in with you? ;-)

I've used the pace predictors and I think they're really helpful.

Keep up the good work with the training. The buddy system is a great idea. Misery loves company...bahaha.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I predict a triathalon in your future...

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Ha ha, I am with Susan - though you could get pretty dizzy on those long swims....

Way to stick with the cross training - something new for me this year and it is working very well! :-)

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Doesn't your pool look great? You lucky girl! The buddy system works - I think of you as I slug it on on the elliptical or in the pool.. You know what - very secretly and quietly the thought of a triathlon - maybe somehere someday it will happen..

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

I have started cross training with the mountain bike again. I tend to suffer from Swimmer's ear and have not ever enjoyed water. The pain can be excruciating, so I know that I won't be a triathlete.

My friend, Maddy, though... I know that she can do it! Something to look forward to in the future!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger akshaye said...

swimming is a great way to cross train .. specially in the heat! I am starting to try it once a week as a cross training option too. Thanks for the link on the pace predictors - that was very useful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home