running

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Getting Ready

Yesterday was the official Kick-off meeting for Team in Training. My marathon training officially begins tomorrow.

Instead of the ten miles I had thought about, I decided for a moderate three. It's mother's day and I wanted to chill out a little too.

The program on paper looks like a lot. Okay, it's 754.2 miles between May 14th and October 21st. Did you really think I wouldn't add it up?

I haven't participated in a structured training schedule in a year and a half. I have been able to keep up with my long runs, even through last summer with all of my planned races sooooo far away.

There are some things I will have to adjust. According to the training program the long runs are on Saturday, I have traditionally run long on Sunday. and taken Monday as a rest day. I'm sure that will be a relatively easy switch.

Some concerns are the seven, eight and nine mile runs scheduled on Thursdays. That doesn't happen until late in the summer, August maybe... I'll cross that bridge when I get there.



I'm really excited as this gets underway. I am looking forward to working hard, running strong and staying healthy.

This is going to be a truly amazing time.

And I'm glad you will all be along for the ride

San Francisco here I come!

10 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I am excited for you! This is going to be AWESOME! Somehow your 23 weeks of training seems tons longer than the 19 week I did for my marathon... but on the other hand, it makes me step back a minute and think "WOW, marathoners are awesome!" This is a huge commitment... and you are doing it for SUCH AN EXCELLENT REASON!!! So I am behind you 100%

Go Maddy go!!!!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds like fun! Long runs in the summer heat can be really tough but remember how nice and cool S.F. usually is. Get ready for some hills, though!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

It's great to be running alongside you - if only virtually! And don't let the cumulative distances get to you - one bite at a time!

And by the way - that is a stunning photo of you! You look great! What an adventure!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

how many exclamation marks can i fit into one comment? sorry about that.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger nylisa said...

Hope you're not breathing in all that smoke! It sounds really bad down there.

Anyway, good luck on your training! Just have a mantra when you run. That helps me through the long runs.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Can't wait to follow along Maddy... from WAY back here....

;-)

Great picture too...

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Congrats on embarking on your SF marathon journey!!!! Maybe we can get together for a long run, if you don't mind taking the walking breaks :-) Your race is just one week before mine!

Great pic, too!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I would like to do a half-marathon in June but that is very tentative.

Let us know of your training as you complete it!

Thanks for sharing!

Charlie

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Arcane said...

Good luck with the marathon training.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger David said...

... and she's off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home