running

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Three - Double - Oh



I probably wouldn't have run on Monday anyway. When I have a long run on Sunday, I take Monday as a rest day. Good thing because somehow I turned the alarm off. The whole house overslept. Darrell woke me up with a startling "MADDY" at 6:45 AM - somehow the kids were out the door on time and no one was late.

I was planning on running Tuesday, but I was having trouble getting out of bed. I was determined to get a run in, so I had my sights set on Tuesday night. After work I had to stop by the grocery store. By the time I got home and got something to eat, it was almost time to but my daughter to bed. No time to run...

I knew this morning was out. The insurance company nurse was coming to my office this morning to take blood to make sure I qualified for suplemental life insurance. That meant no eating or drinking after mindnight. That meant no run this morning.
o
Tonight, I flew out of the office, headed home and ran 5 miles. That put me just over the 300 mile mark for the year.

I thought I would be at this point sooner, but I'm okay with that.

The kids will be out of school in just a few weeks. That means they'll be sleeping in, or at least not be on a tight schedule to eat, get dressed and get to shcol. That will give me the flexibility to run further in the mornings - and maybe get an extra fifteen minutes of sleep myself.

The Team in Training Kickoff is Saturday. The "coach" will be there and I'll get my training schedule. Depending on what the schedule looks like with regards to "group runs" I might run a 5k across the lake in Leesburg on the 19th. One of the few races close to my house. It would be a shame to miss it, but I also understand the importance of building community with the team.

5 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

It's not always easy to fit running in with you life so give yourself a break - 300 miles so far is good going! And wait till you start training.. I'm still working on a schedule - Shirley and Terry have given me some great advice - and I'm going to do what Steve Runner does and add a week onto my schedule - that way illness / injury / life can intrude a bit without throwing me off completely.. It's great to be training together - be sure to let us know how you're training and how you're getting on!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats on the 3-0-0! Remember that quality is more important than quantity. You'll be running plenty when training for your marathon :-)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Phew, sister - life happens! I hear ya. I had a busy plan for Tuesday evening... then I went home puny. All in all, besides 2 missed runs now, I have only missed one trip to the grocery store (and we have not yet starved!) and one trip to the library for my book club book (which I'll get on Saturday). May illness comes when we NEED a break (or the insurance nurse and faulty alarms...)

300 miles - wowee! Go Maddy go!

Good luck with the training! I'm excited to follow along.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

300 miles is nothing to sneeze at girl! Adam would be proud of you ;-)

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

300 miles is excellent!

I don't have as muxh on my schedule now as I used to. Finding the time to run is pretty easy for me.

Have I mentioned today yet that it is only 2 days to my first 5K race?

Charlie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home