running

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Maybe Better than a Skort...

I really like running skorts. Girly, and functional. I've had issues with the waistbands on these beauties. I like my pants / shorts / skirts and skorts to fall below my bellybutton. The jeans I wear are usually the low-rise style from Old Navy. I have a few pair of Ultra low-rise, but seriously, I've had two kids - depending on where my tops fall, no one needs to see that... Most of the skorts I have tried out have had extremely high waists - Not good. I'm considering taking three that I have to the tailor to have them adjust the rise. It would be worth the investment...

A few weeks ago, I decided to give boardshorts a try. These are like boys swimming trunks, but there are some made for girls by brands like Roxy



They are made for the water, so they dry out really quickly. Another bonus: the pair I have is loaded with pockets - there is a place for my car key... And come to the knee - there's no short creep there.

They aren't as girly as I would like, but they did the job. I wonder if I could find a pink pair.

****

As far as my running goes. Still hanging tough and sticking to my training plan. well, okay, I ran an extra three miles on Monday for a total of eight, but other than that I've been sticking to my plan. I swam some last night for cross-training. Nothing crazy there. My office is moving and Tuesday afternoon we were moving furniture - Lots of lifting - kinda like cross-training.

This morning I had speedwork on the schedule. I am really enjoying that aspect of the training. And for the first time in three weeks - I ran my Thursday run on Thursday. No misplaced run this week.

Saturday morning I am meeting the Team in Training crew for a group run at the Cady Way Trail.

So far, so good!

3 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Wow, you're doing awesome.

I have the same issue with paints, shorts, etc...needing to fall below the belly button. I have a couple of skorts, and the one I roll down...sigh...what's up with that?

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

I love your very positive attitude! Lifting furniture as the office moves - Cross training? Great!

My company is negotiating new facilities, as well. I'll have to get all the background work started soon... Phone system, network setup, movers, final finish... It'll be great getting into a larger facility, but not so great getting ready for it...

Charlie

BTW - During this training regimen, I'll have to look for some running shorts that don't cause such a chafe in the current heat here...

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Cory said...

Way to stick with the program. I like your idea of cross training. Mine was tossing 100 bales of hay today. Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home