running

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Best Intentions

My Race Report for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon will be posted either later today or tomorrow - It is still being prepared.

This morning my 6 year old daughter and I planned on cheering for my friends who were running the Walt Disney World Marathon. We woke up at 6:00 AM (just as the race was starting)and we headed out the door.

Last night I spoke to Marathon Chris and we decided that the best place to be would be Animal Kingdom. I planned to get to our spot, near the big yellow dinosaur, by 8:15 AM.

We were almost to the Animal Kingdom parking lot, no more than three minutes away, and my daughter threw up. She has a history of getting car sick, but it's been a long long time since it has happened.

Needless to say, we never made it to Animal Kingdom to see the race. We had to turn around and head for home.

At about 8:40 AM I called Chris (how awesome is technology that you can talk to people while they're running!) and let her know that we weren't going to make it, but we were cheering for her (and Marathon Jim) virtually.

Last night my daughter and I put together some posters to show our support.



And with the text, email AND web results all gummed up, we are anxiously awaiting Chris' posts on her and her husband's final result.

3 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What a sweet little princess!!!!! (despite the vomit)

Dang text messages -- I got them all -- blank!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Those signs are great!!! Sorry you couldn't make it in this morning. The rain did hold off until about the time we got home. Hope your daughter is feeling better!

Your virtual cheering got us through some tough spots in the race (full report in progress).

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Awesome sign!! Hope she's feeling better now. I have a tendency to get carsick too occasionally, not fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home