running

Thursday, December 06, 2007

8 on the 8th

I have been meaning to post about this for quite some time, but sometimes the day gets away from me. I'm sure you can relate...

Non-Runner Nancy has come up with a virtual race for this Saturday(or Friday, or Sunday...), "8 on the 8th". I'm planning on participating. I may work it into the Reindeer Run in Maitland, partly because Marathon Chris will be there and partly because I am a total sucker for long sleeve race shirts, technical or not. My only concern is that it will probably take me close to an hour to get to Maitland and It just seems like a long way to go. it's really not, but I have a "to do" list that is 8 miles long. I could run those 8 miles, get ready for my day and drink a few cups of coffee in the time it would take me to get to Maitland and run that 5k. But the shirt is long sleeve... Decisions, decisions.

If you are running long this weekend, check out Nancy's blog and let her know you're running. Or go to the Runner's Lounge and check out the 8 on the 8th lounge group.

5 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Thanks Maddy,

Was looking for something between now and March, and I LOVE the free, virtual races! I'm IN!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Hey Maddy - great idea! I've got 8 scheduled for Sunday and some cross training tomorrow - I'll see whether I can mix them round (am doing 12 today so might not feel up to 8 tomorrow morning...). I can SO relate to your T-shirt vs to-do list quandaries. I'd end up going for the t-shirt - I just love T-shirts!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Hey, I'll be at the Reindeer Run too, but working not running. I'll look for you & Chris!!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Go for the shirt!!!!! :)

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

I'm with ya on the shirts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home