running

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Looking Forward :: Looking Back

In 2007 I set a goal to run 1,000 miles. I figured that it would be accomplished by the middle of December. I completed those 1,000 miles on December 29th and then added to it the next day for a total of just over 1,010 miles for 2007. Many thanks to Adam for providing the inspiration for a goal to shoot for!

I ran my fair share of races in 2007.

January
  • Disney World Half Marathon

  • Clearwater Beach Half Marathon

  • Lady Track Shack 5k


  • February
  • Outback Distance Classic 12k


  • March
  • Winter Park Road Race 10k


  • April
  • IOA Corporate 5k


  • May
  • Women Run the World 15k


  • October
  • Nike Women's San Francisco Marathon

  • Phediiidations Worldwide Half (concurrent with marathon)



  • December
  • OUC Half Marathon


  • In 2008 the races will continue. The only race confirmed at this point is the Disney Half Marathon on January 12th. Will there be a full marathon in 2008? That has yet to be determined.

    I plan on working some trail runs into my schedule this year. We have several acres of land and there is an track we ride ATVs on. Everytime I'm back there I think it would be pretty challenging to run that. It's pretty sandy and there are several hills. The theory is that it will make me stronger and maybe, just maybe, faster.

    I am excited to find what 2008 will bring. I am looking forward to every moment of it.

    7 Comments:

    At 8:50 PM, Blogger Bev said...

    What an awesome 2007! Good luck in 2008.

     
    At 8:53 PM, Blogger Bev said...

    Hey just wanted to let you know that I am linking your site to my blog.

    Thanks for the motivation.

    texasrunningjournal.blogspot.com

     
    At 10:30 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

    WOW that is a motherload of races. Congrats.

    Here's to an amazing 2008!

     
    At 9:56 AM, Blogger Runner Susan said...

    happy new year maddy!

     
    At 6:35 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

    Nice schedule! Have a great 2008!!

     
    At 1:01 AM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

    What a great running year you had! Thanks for letting us share it with you :-)

    Here's to a great 2008!

    (go Goofy 2009.....)

     
    At 10:26 PM, Blogger Susan said...

    GREAT year, Maddy!

    And you did the 1000 miles - whoa baby! Congrats.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home