running

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Is Anybody Out There

I have been terrible about blogging. I have been reading yours, just not commenting as I should.

I ran another half marathon - The OUC Half Marathon on December 6th. My time was slower than my time for the Orange Blossom Half, but for some reason, I wasn't terribly bothered by it this time.

I've gained a few pounds and I know it's easier to run when I'm less fat.



The Goofy Race is quickly approaching. My running has been going okay, but not as well or as far as I would like. I'll get through it though. I am confident about that.

At this point, I'm looking forward to getting the race behind me. It seems like I've been training forever and I'm ready to put it to bed and focus on other races.

I registered for a late spring /early summer marathon. I'll be running the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon on May 31st. I am setting some goals for that race - other than to finish (which is my goal for Goofy).


I was in San Diego this week and I had a few really nice runs. I had planned on my long run before my flight yesterday, but after the Christmas party and too much time in big girl shoes, I really didn't feel like it. Today I'm feeling jet-lagged and I am pushing my long run to Monday afternoon.

Expect a more frequent posting schedule. Almost a month is too long...

12 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Welcome back! I am excited about your upcoming race schedule. Oh to be joining you!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

I hear you on being ready to get the race behind me. I, too, feel like I have been training forever! I think I am finished with doing Disney after a fall marathon....ah well.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

I was afraid having to start earlier to train for the fall marathons in addition to Goofy would create that feeling of "when will it ever end"?

But look how far you have come. Last year, doing Goofy may have seemed like this huge challenge. Now you are confident you will be able to do it. That is progress!!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Alisa said...

I'll be with you in San Diego! I haven't said officially what my goal is (with my injury I'm hoping just to finish in Arizona) but I think I'd like to shoot for a 4:30 which will be really hard.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Thanks so much for your text message after my Las Vegas run! You are so special to me!

I have an attitude right now. It is because of good friends like you. Thank you for being you!

If you are in a doldrums now, you will lift out of it. Just because you are a very special person, Maddy!

Run, Forrest, Run!
(I know... I hate it but I embrace it!)

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Marathon Maritza said...

There you are! :)

I'll more than likely be with ya in San Diego since my running buddies are swiftly talking me into it!

Great job on getting another half in the books!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Well, they're not all a great experience, but they all teach us something, right?

Good luck with Goofy! Hopefully, a little break after will re-energize you.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Ohh, Merry Christmas Maddy! Here's to a fantastic 2009.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

I don't know how you do it! You are so focused! Good luck on your Goofy races! I definitely need to shed a few...no make it several lbs, that I'm carrying around this winter.

Hope you have a happy holiday and new year!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Fantastic effort sweetie and I'm with you on the not posting but lurking side of things .. it's nice to check in with everyone though isn't it? I think you're doing super to be hanging in there as long as you have - this is one hell of a training stint. I have to say I've enjoyed my time off after Chicago - although I've been running I've not had a goal yet and I'm now ready to start training for London. I think...

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Cory said...

Merry Christmas!!

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous sites like service said...

Thank you for this wonderful blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home