running

Thursday, November 06, 2008

When Did I...

...Become the world's worst blogger.


My post have become really inconsistent and I think that sucks.

So, I'm back and blogging. I'm sure you've be dying to know what's been going on with me (not!)

I've suffered from a small lack of mojo. October was my second lowest mileage month for the year and half of the miles I ran for the entire month were run on one day.


All of a sudden I feel invigorated!

Sunday I planned on meeting my friend Cheryl in Winter Garden and run 12 miles with her. She was running 20 miles and I was going to run a portion with her. On Saturday I lent my car to my sister and I had planned on driving my husband's car. I was ready to go and the car wouldn't start.

I called Cheryl to tell her that I wouldn't be joining her. I went back to sleep. But don't think that I didn't get my run in. Sunday afternoon, while my husband was on his way to get a new battery for his car, I ran my scheduled 12 and I felt pretty good.

Tuesday, my sister still had my car and my husband went with our son on a field trip to Forever Florida. My plan was to run to the poll to vote. I left my house around 7:50 AM and headed out. I faced some challenging terrain including some wild uncut grass next to an orange grove. I felt really good about multi-tasking. I wanted to run and I wanted to vote. Check and check!

Today I had 6 x 800s on my schedule. I ran them on the treadmill and I really enjoyed it. It was the best run I've had in a long, long time.

This Sunday a lot of the local runners I know will be in Celebration at the 10K and 5K or both - You know who you are... I will not be there. I have always wanted to run that 10K. The very first 5K I ran was this race. At the time a 10K seemed like an impossible distance. Can you imagine running 6 miles?

I won't be there on Sunday because I will be running the Orange Blossom Half Marathon in my town of Tavares, FL. I felt like it was really important to support a truly local race. I'm not really going into this with any particular goal. I just want to go out and have a good time and get my long run with water stops.

I'm looking forward to it!

8 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

You are most definitely not the world's worst blogger. There are a couple people who haven't posted in a month or more!

Have fun at your half marathon this weekend. Great that it's right in your neighborhood, for a change!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger CewTwo said...

I agree. You post regularly! I have become the world's worst blogger. No inspiration, no post. Besides, it seems like I am running all of the time again.

Good choice on a local half!

Looking forward to a race report!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

I echo the team here - I AM the WORST blogger myself! I'm delighted you've found your mojo back - it's only been 3 weeks and I'm serious - we all suffer after a big race like that! Well done. Fabulous effort this weekend - aren't you glad they cancelled the full though? Not that you wouldn't have EATEN it alive. Keep it up - you never fail to inspire!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Welcome back! I have missed you.

I missed my opportunity to do a truly local race when I was in Philly. Next year I'll run it with the baby jogger!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger David said...

I'll run both races in Celebration for you.
I haven't been very faithful to my running plan this week myself. I was all out of sorts from staying up to watch election coverage.
I support your support of local events. They need you.
Running the OUC too?

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Good luck with your race Maddy! Hope it goes well. I'm suffering from loss of mojo too, but I'm determined to get it back this week.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

I'm still lookin' for my mojo! Have fun at the 1/2 marathon!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger akshaye said...

Well.. I am competing with you for that title :) So how was the half?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home