running

Thursday, November 06, 2008

When Did I...

...Become the world's worst blogger.


My post have become really inconsistent and I think that sucks.

So, I'm back and blogging. I'm sure you've be dying to know what's been going on with me (not!)

I've suffered from a small lack of mojo. October was my second lowest mileage month for the year and half of the miles I ran for the entire month were run on one day.


All of a sudden I feel invigorated!

Sunday I planned on meeting my friend Cheryl in Winter Garden and run 12 miles with her. She was running 20 miles and I was going to run a portion with her. On Saturday I lent my car to my sister and I had planned on driving my husband's car. I was ready to go and the car wouldn't start.

I called Cheryl to tell her that I wouldn't be joining her. I went back to sleep. But don't think that I didn't get my run in. Sunday afternoon, while my husband was on his way to get a new battery for his car, I ran my scheduled 12 and I felt pretty good.

Tuesday, my sister still had my car and my husband went with our son on a field trip to Forever Florida. My plan was to run to the poll to vote. I left my house around 7:50 AM and headed out. I faced some challenging terrain including some wild uncut grass next to an orange grove. I felt really good about multi-tasking. I wanted to run and I wanted to vote. Check and check!

Today I had 6 x 800s on my schedule. I ran them on the treadmill and I really enjoyed it. It was the best run I've had in a long, long time.

This Sunday a lot of the local runners I know will be in Celebration at the 10K and 5K or both - You know who you are... I will not be there. I have always wanted to run that 10K. The very first 5K I ran was this race. At the time a 10K seemed like an impossible distance. Can you imagine running 6 miles?

I won't be there on Sunday because I will be running the Orange Blossom Half Marathon in my town of Tavares, FL. I felt like it was really important to support a truly local race. I'm not really going into this with any particular goal. I just want to go out and have a good time and get my long run with water stops.

I'm looking forward to it!

8 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

You are most definitely not the world's worst blogger. There are a couple people who haven't posted in a month or more!

Have fun at your half marathon this weekend. Great that it's right in your neighborhood, for a change!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger CewTwo said...

I agree. You post regularly! I have become the world's worst blogger. No inspiration, no post. Besides, it seems like I am running all of the time again.

Good choice on a local half!

Looking forward to a race report!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

I echo the team here - I AM the WORST blogger myself! I'm delighted you've found your mojo back - it's only been 3 weeks and I'm serious - we all suffer after a big race like that! Well done. Fabulous effort this weekend - aren't you glad they cancelled the full though? Not that you wouldn't have EATEN it alive. Keep it up - you never fail to inspire!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Welcome back! I have missed you.

I missed my opportunity to do a truly local race when I was in Philly. Next year I'll run it with the baby jogger!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger David said...

I'll run both races in Celebration for you.
I haven't been very faithful to my running plan this week myself. I was all out of sorts from staying up to watch election coverage.
I support your support of local events. They need you.
Running the OUC too?

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger IrishBlue said...

Good luck with your race Maddy! Hope it goes well. I'm suffering from loss of mojo too, but I'm determined to get it back this week.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

I'm still lookin' for my mojo! Have fun at the 1/2 marathon!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger akshaye said...

Well.. I am competing with you for that title :) So how was the half?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home