running

Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Report

I was planning on 5 miles on Saturday. But I really wasn't thinking about it when I woke up. Darrell was up before I was and brewed his version of coffee, Turbo Joe. Don't get me wrong, it is absolutely wonderful. I drank two huge cups - probably the equivelant of a half a pot. I watched TV for a little bit and ate a Clif Bar and started my run. I got as far as 2.6 miles and I was so jittery, I was having a hard time getting into it.

We debated most of the afternoon if we were going to do anything. We decided to just stay in. My daughter and I made it as far as the grocery store to get some really bad for you, but quite tasty garlic bread pizza.




Sunday I was determined to get a nice long run in. I missed last week's long run completely, the week before that, a bit under the weather, I put in seven miles, my last long run over ten miles was on April 1st. I really needed to get a decent run in.

I ended up running 12 miles (1:45:57) and I felt great when I was done! I truly wish I could translate my treadmill speed onto the road...

Play Lists

I need some new music. Again.

I have some standards that I love and I plan on keeping, but the majority of my running music is in desparate need of an overhaul.

Please let me know what keeps you running!

Montly Total: 61.9

38.1 To Go. YIKES!

5 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Great pace there Maddy - what's your next race? As for the tunes - I'm converted to Podcasts now and there are so many great ones to fill up my ears..

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Susan said...

What keeps me running is podcasts, honestly!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great 12-miler!

I'm sorry I have no suggestions for your running playlist. I only listen to an MP3 player while swimming and the music I have for that is oldy smoldy stuff that wouldn't probably be motivating for running.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Congrats on a great 12-miler!!!

Hmmm, I haven't updated my list since the marathon. I do a combo of podcasts and some of my current running music - mostly old stuff (I even have disco on my ipod).

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

I was running on the Cliff Hanger trail in MOab last week when "It's my prerogative" by Bobby Brown started playing. Well let me tell you that is not running music. A couple of mountain bikers passed me at one point as I was more dancing than running and they just had to worry about me.

The worst was when I passed a couple of hikers. I was listening to Grand Funk Railroad. I said hi. They looked at me and asked if I was running or "Doing the locomotion!" I guess that I was singing as I ran...

Charlie

PS - Thanks for my help with suggestion for my race planning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home