running

Monday, April 16, 2007

Run At The Speed of Chat

I don't run in Reebok shoes. I never have. I don't ever hear of Reebok running shoes. They must make them.

Reebok is getting the word out with this appealing commercial



I tend not to run at the "speed of chat". Darrell asked me about that just before the Winter Park Road Race. I told him I was going to meet Kelly and she was going to run too. He asked if I waited for her, or how that worked. I told him that I'm really motivated by time and Personal Records. We would drive together hang out before the race, pick a spot to meet after (lesson learned at Watermelon 5k last year), line up together and then go to the meeting spot.

Sometimes, I think it would be nice to have a training run with a buddy. The Reebok commercial reminded me of that.

I had a crazy weekend.

Walt Diney World three days in a row. Dinner with Darrell on Saturday night. His parents watched the kids and we went out to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary, which is actually today. More about that in another post...

The kids went back to school today and it has just been go, go, go. I have not run since Thursday. That's just too long.

I'm back on track (har har - no pun intended) tomorrow.

Mad Props to all who ran in Boston today. The Running Chick is AWESOME!

I'm that fast in my dreams!

Monthly Total: 41.2
58.8 to go!

5 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

That commercial is great. I think Reebok is getting into the running shoe market now that they have been bought out by Adidas. I don't think I'll be trading in my old 3 stripes anytime soon.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I walk and chat. Running is for running!

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

I was surprised during my race how many people chat and run. I'm not so good at that myself. My friend Deb ran the half beside a woman on her cellphone!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

I haven't run with my cell phone yet (I stop to talk if I get a call) but I like running with a friend (like Shirley or my daughter). It makes the time go by quick and keeps my pace reasonable for the longer runs. If I am focusing on tempo or speed then I can't talk and run :-)

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

If I can hold a conversation while doing speedwork, I know I'm not working hard enough. But if I'm supposed to be running at an easy pace (like during a marathon :-), I enjoy chatting.

I actually won a free pair of Reebok running shoes back in 2004 so I know they've been making running shoes for a few years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home