running

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Worst Stretcher of All Time...

I had finally conquered the hip problems by continually stretching my ITB.

The trouble just moved on. It has taken up residence in my right hamstring. Argh!




I will stretch more. I will stretch more. I will stretch more.

My lack of stretching has had an adverse affect on my running this week. 1.1 mile yesterday morning. And that is all.

The reckless runner in me wants to keep going on the tight muscle, the sensible person in me knows that with a 15k a week and half away, I need to be smart and stretch and rest.

An early meeting tomorrow means no morning run either.


Not Related to Running:
A book I contributed to, Email Marketing by the Numbers was released this week. I'm very proud, it's the first time I have been published in a book and I wanted to share my excitement with you!

4 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

How cool! I checked the book out at Amazon and what a great review! Good gilr!!!
But Maddy, you haven't joined the Tinkoff 1000 yet? Maddy, Maddy.... ;-)

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Yay Miss Published!

You are SMART to rest and not irritate your hamstring.

I don't know if Adam is tracking... I am guessing NOT - but he ought to!

Thanks for the link. I think I will do it!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Arcane said...

I have the same problem with stretching. I don't do it enough and it leads to problems.

Congratulations on the book!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats on getting published in a book!

Sorry to hear of your hammy issue, though. Keep playing it safe. Hamstring issues sometimes take weeks to get rid of completely. Shortening your stride should help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home