running

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Three Day Weekend

I was off on Friday and was looking forward to a nice 3 day weekend. We had planned on taking the kids to one of the Disney Water Parks on Friday. We had no idea that (hopefully) the last cold snap of the season would muck things up. I also wasn't planning on getting sick.


My whole house had the flu a few weeks ago, maybe I was too smug thinking that I had escaped the germs. While I was lucky enough to skip the flu - Darrell lost 12 lbs. in two days... Yuck -

Wednesday afternoon I started getting scratchy throat. Not good. I quickly jumped on Airborne every two hours. Despite what the instructions say, I have been pretty successful keeping the colds away... Until this time. I was able to get three miles in on Wedesday night and I had hoped on a few miles Thursday night. I just couldn't do it. I was thinkin of Petra's post about listening to your body, and as much as I don't want to sometimes, I know when I just can't do it.

Friday was much of the same. I was home from work and felt guilty for napping. I wanted to get a good run in and then do something fun with the kids for their first day of spring break even though the water park was out of the question.

Saturday morning my daughter had her first Tae Kwon Do belt promotion. It was very exciting, it was also very early. - Yawn.

When we got home, I ran a mile and I just wasn't feeling it. My stomach was cramping, and it wasn't working for me.

So today, finally,feeling better, and with a belly full of M&M's and jellybeans, I got to steppin'. Seven miles, a little slower than normal. Of course, I would have liked to go further and faster, but it's better than nothing.

Monthly total: 26.2 miles.

73.8 to go.

5 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Through all of that you ran on Easter. Very impressive, Miss Marathon Monthly!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Bummer about getting sick, but good job getting out there on Easter Day. Isn't this crazy weather we've been having? My longtime friend and her family just arrived in town this weekend for a Disney visit and were shocked that it was colder here than in the S.F. Bay Area.

Congrats too to your daughter on getting her first TKD belt promotion!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger mrjwhit~ said...

I hate getting sick. It does suck. Congrats to the kiddos on TKD.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Dear Maddy - you know I've been there and believe me - you come out the other end as well.. Well done for getting out at all and it sounds like you're over the worst. How's your hip now you're stretching? Maybe I should start..

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger David said...

Getting that yellow belt is a BIG deal. Go young Maddy!

Hey- one marathon down this month. Maybe two to go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home