running

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Elbows, Hips and Miscelaneous Updates

I have narrowed down the cause of the elbow pain. It was indeed the arm of the chair of the dining room furniture. How do I know? I adjusted the way I sit and it feels better. The only problem with the way I'm sitting is that now the other elbow feels like it bruised a bit. I must be used to the padded arms on my chair at the office, and I slam my elbows down when I sit down.

As my milage had been the most consistant ever, is it any wonder that my hips are sore again. Guess who hasn't spent enough time stretching those bad boys out? I wonder why I just don't do it? I know I need to... And it takes some mild soreness to remind me that I am not invincible and I need to take care of myself. Follow the rules and just stretch.

My Tuesday run turned into a Wednesday run this week, and my Wednesday cross-training didn't happen. I'm still on track to get all of my miles in this week. I'm scheduled for five miles with speedwork - 4 X 800's tomorrow. Friday is a rest day, but I may try to work some cross-training in. Eight miles on Saturday and cross-training on Sunday.

I am meeting a group Saturday morning at the Seminole Wekiva Trail - Petra, the trail is in Lake Mary, are you thinking of the Wekiva Springs State Park in Apopka? Marathon Chris, and any other Orlando peeps, feel free to join us. Email me for details.


The Seminole Wekiva Trail

I sent my sister, The Fabulous Miss Fabulous, who may have abandoned her blog, a link to the World Wide Half Marathon and the KTC5K
training plan. She's an avid kyaker and biker she mentioned there are some kyak / bike / run and kyak / bike events that she'd like to give a shot. She's never been a runner. I hope that she gives it a try.

All is well and my training is rockin'

w00t!

6 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Yep Maddy - you're right! Still, it sounded similar.. and it's in the same area-ish? Well done on all the consistent training and teehee on not stretching - I am the same. Not until it hurts do I do something about it... Glad the elbow seems innocuous though. Stay with the program and keep happy! You're inspiring!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger CewTwo said...

I'm guilty of the same. Stretching? Why? Then, of course, I feel tight in the back of my legs and stretch. After a bit, the tightness is gone and then so is the stretching!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

I had the hip pain issue when I was training for the half. My ortho doctor told me to make sure I don't run on the same side of the road all the time too (if you are road running).

You're doing awesome with your training! I predict a stellar marathon finish for you lady.

That trail looks beautiful.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Hey Maddy - noticed your nano updates on Robert Nelson's site - you're winning so far! Well done! Man I've got to run to keep up with you!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Have a good run today, Maddy!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Well you are just on top of it all and solving problems left and right. I am impressed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home