running

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Marathon Training Week Four

Overall another great week of training. I started with five miles on Monday. Those five miles felt like ten.

It was hot, and we still had not turned the air conditioner on for the summer. Amazingly, the air conditioner was turned on Monday night...


Alcatraz

I ran the called for three miles on Tuesday and Thursday and I swam for my cross-training on Wednesday.

Saturday morning I met the Team in Training Crew at the Cady Way Trail for a seven miler. We started at 7:00 and it was already hot. As I mentioned to David, who also noticed the heat today, it seems like summer has snuck up behind us and kicked our butts.

I felt like I was dragging a little bit on Saturday. I'm thinking that I did not eat properly on Friday night. We went to Paradise Harbor Marina, for their Friday night fish special. All you can eat, $8.95. What a deal. I can barely finish the first plate. No re-orders for me. I requested it blackened, because I try not to do the fried thing... And I had corn on the cob instead of french fries - again with the fried thing. But I was really lacking a substaintial amount of carbs.

At the restaurant I was wondering if I would have trouble on Saturday, I should have known better.

Saturday morning when I woke up I was pretty hungry and I ate a mini bagel, but that was an hour and a half before the run.

I ran those seven miles in 1:08:53 - I felt a little slow, but I really can't complain. The coach had a split contest to see who could be the most consistant out and back. I ran the first 3.5 miles in 33:33. The second 3.5 miles in 35.20. I didn't win. Boo.

Week Five has 22 miles including nine miles on Saturday at the Seminole Wekiva Trail. I've never been there before. Should be fun.

I'm going to experiment with Marathon Chris' suggestion and download podrunner and see if the continuous beats per minute help my pace. I'll let you know how that turns out.

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Susan said...

The heat -- is a four-letter word. Ick!

But another good week under your belt. yay!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

tag.. ur next!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Looking forward to hearing about how podrunner works for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home