running

Thursday, February 07, 2008

One of Those Weeks

It has been one of those weeks where I feel like I don't have time to breathe, let alone run. In fact, the only time I have run this week was Tuesday when I ran with the 4th and 5th graders.

To add to it, that spot on the my back that required a visit to the chiropractor the week before last, was still bothering me a little bit. I went back to see her today and I think she got that rib head back where it belongs. Trips to the doctor eat away at my time and prevent me from being able to get my runs in.

I should think about moving back to my early, early morning runs. I used to get up around 4:45 AM and get 5 - 7 miles in before I headed to Orlando. You would think that with the nearly two hour daily commute ( about an hour there and about an hour back - gotta love rush hour) takend out of the equation, I should have a lot of time to run, but that time spent in the car has been taken up with other tasks.




This has also been a week of late meetings. I had a meeting yesterday that ended at 7:00 PM. A meeting today that ended at 6:45 PM. It doesn't happen often, and it never usually happens on back to back nights, but this would be the week for it.


I am in desparate need of a shopping trip. I am going back to San Diego on Monday to attend and present at the Email Evolution Confrence. I will be speaking on a panel about email marketing and blogging. When I was in the agency world I was the priciple contributor to an email marketing blog - we'll be talking about why email marketers blog and share information about the field.

I would really like to have something new for the trip. For the first time in, I don't know how long - maybe a year - I have all ten toenails. I might go with an open toe shoe and a pedicure on Saturday.

Hopefully, things will calm down sometime between now and Monday morning, and I will be able to get some miles in.

8 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Snap! I was intending to surf round the net to find a similar image this week because it is how I feel! Crazy! Work is really exciting but I'm overloaded. Home life is home life - crazy stuff! Wedging runs in can be so difficult and you've got to know when to allow yourself some leeway - you needed it this week. Get yourself some TLC and shopping in San Diego and good luck at the conference, it sounds really interesting!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Bev said...

Yeah for your feet! Have a good trip.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Have fun in San Diego and I hope you get some time to do more running there!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

Have fun in San Diego. The weather is awesome right now here!

I haven't run since SUnday -thanks to this lovely little virus. I hope your back is ok.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

Really tough schedule Maddy. I cannot make up my mind either, but the good thing of early morning runs is that we get them out of the way, especially when those nasty meetings last till late. The problem is that we need to go to bed so early that we have to fight with all the things that keep us awake.

Good luck with your conference.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Susan said...

You deserve a pedicure! I sure hope you got it.

My two nasty St. Jude toenails: the big toenail never came off. HOORAY! And the one next to it looks practically normal, unlike it's badly bruised neighbor.

Sunday is my run club coaching gig. Oh my!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Ten toenails? What are you waiting for? Get those puppies painted up and go knock up dead at at that conference lady!!!!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

haha.. "have all 10 toe nails".. I love it!

Enjoy San Diego!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home