running

Monday, July 21, 2008

All the Cool Kids are Doing It

There has been a lot of buzz about one hundred push ups
Marcy's playing. So is Nik and a little birdie told me that Marathon Chris is getting rolling on the challenge today. Combined with a lot of people who I follow on twitter have mentioned it... I took it as a sign.

So, today is the day. Today I began my quest toward 100 push ups.

Here's the problem. I've got no skillz. Like none. I can't do a single proper form push-up. So I'll be turning this six week program into a twelve week challenge. The first run through the program will be the girl push ups. Which sucks, because I hate having to scale it back to something do-able that is lesser quality and called "girl push ups". Once I reach the end of the six weeks, I'm going to start over and do the program again doing "real" push ups.

Week One, Day One, Phase One is in the bag. Keep me accountable people!

For you folks joining me in Chicago in twelve weeks, look out! I'll be a push up machine!

8 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Marcy said...

Ooohhh girl I AM DOING THE SAME THING!! Rock out! it's only going to take me 2 years but that's ok LOL

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Seriously.. all you cool kids are doing this!

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

OK I'm in. Can't get any bingowings going here.. Now tell me about girlie pushups I'm doing the 12weeker alongside you!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Alisa said...

I was like Nik, I made it to about week 5 and quit...I should start up again my arms are looking a bit weak.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

Good luck cool chick!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I'd be in if I could do it girl-style!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger DJ Waldow said...

Yeah. I'm all in.

100 today.

Done.

dj

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

100 push ups huh? Yeah not gonna happen in my lifetime!!! Good luck though! I'm just saying!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home