running

Friday, June 06, 2008

A Little Bit Of Pain

Training for Chicago officially begins on Monday. I'm not really expecting a whole lot of changes right off the bat. The mileage is pretty consistent with my base, the only difference is that this is regimented and not whatever I feel like.

Earlier this week my right hip started bothering me again. It hasn't been a problem and I don't know what to attribute the pain to. Yoga on Tuesday definitely helped, but it's still bothering me a little.

I opted out of running yesterday and I rode my bike for 40 minutes. I was shooting for an hour, but I had things that needed to get done around the house.


So sinister, like my aggravated hip...


My hip is feeling better, but it's still a little sore. This sort of pain usually starts when I need new shoes. My Nike Structure Triax+ 11's have 235 miles on them. I should get another 100 miles out of them. I do have my next pair, back to the Nike Structure Triax+ 10 - I got a screamin' deal on the Nike site, including free shipping - so I bought two pair and probably saved $40 - $50. Is it time to add a new pair to the mix and alternate between the 11's and the 10's?

9 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Road Warrior said...

It may be time for the mix. I know immediately when I need new shoes (closer to 250 miles for me) because my knees/back hurt right away. I'm wondering if they may have worn out earlier than normal?

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Marcy said...

Awwwhhh I'm sorry about the aches and pains. I don't know what to tell you with the kicks. I usually just always alternate between 2 pairs. That the stinky thing about my Nikes. I only get about 300 miles out of each pair.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Looks like it is time to shake things up!

And HOORAY for marathon training. Go Maddy!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

I would say yes. I've always heard that runners should rotate between a couple different pairs of shoes rather than just using one pair. Supposedly, it'll give the midsoles of the pair just used more of a chance to spring back so the shoes will last longer (particularly if you run 4-5 times a week). I've also heard that using different shoes (different models or same shoes with different wear pattern) will help stave off injuries by allowing you to use slightly different muscles when running.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

I just had someone tell me exactly what Shirley said...lol. I say give it a go.

Good luck with your training. Can you believe it's 18 short weeks away? YIKES!!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Change those shoes honey or at least start rotating - don't risk anything now. 18 weeks to go and we need to be at that start line!

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger akshaye said...

I hope its just the shoes. You have put a lot of miles on this pair - so it may worth using two pairs simultaneously.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Geez... Shoes. I'll probably go through 2 pair before the Chicago Marathon!

Chicago Marathon! Can you beleive that training has begun! Yay! We are on our way!

Go Maddy!

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

I didn't realize you biked on a trainer! I know exactly what you mean - with kids, it's hard to get a workout in. I think maybe I should get more serious about investing in one!

Love the deal on the shoes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home