running

Sunday, July 20, 2008

This Week in Running

I was thinking, for some reason, that summer would be low key and low on the stress meter. That has not been the case. I feel like since I returned from vacation, I have been trying to catch my breath.

Last week was particularly busy for work and it left little time for getting a run in. And then, at the end of the day I was so drained, I just couldn't do it.

This was stressing me out more, because the 14 miles I had scheduled for last Sunday didn't happen. It was one of those days that I just couldn't get it together.

Monday, I was getting back on track and I ran the three miles on my schedule.

Tuesday, nothing.

Wednesday, nothing.

Thursday after work I was forced with a tough decision. I really needed to go grocery shopping, but I also needed to run. Grocery shopping could wait one more day. I ran the seven miles I should have run on Tuesday.

Friday I finally made it to the grocery store.

I had big plans for Saturday. I was going to get up early and run my short long run of seven miles. My sleeping schedule has been sort of out of whack. I stayed up way to late on Friday night so getting up early enough to run before I had to take my daughter to a birthday party just didn't happen. I ended up running in the early evening on the treadmill.

It's been so incredibly hot that it's really better to be running in the A/C.

That meant that an early morning Sunday run was out too.

This was supposed to be my step back week with ten miles. But because I missed 14 miles last week, I decided to run 14 instead of 10.

I was starting to feel like the wheels were falling off my training plan. But after a successful running weekend, I feel like I am right where I need to be.

I need to work harder to get my shorter runs during the week knocked out. I see a light at the end of the tunnel for things to get back to normal at work - which is good and will give me some more energy to get my runs done!

7 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Well handled! I feel ya -- life has just gotten CRAZY!

It's waaaaay too hot out... unfortunately. Why didn't we move to upstate New York? (I'll be glad for this climate come winter..)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Nice job getting back on schedule! I wouldn't worry too much about missing some of the shorter recovery type of runs during the week, esp. during a step back week. More important that you get the added rest and recover for the push to the next level.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Marcy said...

Sounds like you've been one busy chica! But it looks like you're back on track and ready to roll!! ;D

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Absolutely with ShirleyPerly here honey - don't beat yourself up for missing some runs. It's bound to happen and you're better off not wearing yourself out completely. Glad to hear there's light at the end of the tunnel - always a great feeling...

Just get back on the wagon and don't spend too much time catching up. We're ready and waiting for you..

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Whoa.. super busy time. I hope things ease up a bit. Still you did well squeezing in some runs.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

You know? Life is life. Being the most amateur of the bunch, I know the feeling, but I don't know what to advise. Seems like you are doing what you need to do!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Your doing great! I found your blog from p.o.m.! I wish i was where you are at in my running!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home