running

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Plan

I feel like things are really coming together for Chicago. In less than two weeks, June 9th, training officially begins. Thanks to the incredible Shirley and her guidance, I have a training plan selected.


I am going to use Hal Higdon's Advanced I schedule. One of the goals behind running Chicago is to get ready for Goofy in January. This plan incorporates a short long run and a long long run, so it should be a good fit.

Things have been going well. Despite the heat and humidity, I have felt really good about my running. I have been quietly biking for the past few weeks and that, while not as consistent is fun and nice way to get some cross training.

Also, tonight I went to my first yoga class. I have some yoga DVD's that I tried a long time ago, but this was my first experience with an instructor led class. I really enjoyed it! I plan on making that part of my Tuesday routine. I feel really good after the class. I feel like all of my running-related tight spots have been loosened up. Ahhhhhhhhh.

12 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Nice.. Getting the plan ready is a huge mental boost! The class sounds tougher than Wii Yoga?!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

I've done Hal Higdon's programmes before and they are great. Have you seen his special programmes for Chicago? When I went 2 years ago I met him at the expo - he's a great guy!

Sounds like you're on top of it all with cross training (kudos on the biking!) and yoga. I'm just checking out classes myself - I think I would benefit from it. Let us know how you get on.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Marcy said...

Sounds like a master plan to me :-)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

You are getting prepared!

I posted my training schedule.

I will definitely follow your progress!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

The gal with the plan!!! And you are well on your way. Your training has been great and the Yoga just helps even more.

You are going to rock that marathon!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

That's when I'm starting too. I haven't made up my plan yet. I like to mix and match plans - like an outfit you buy on sale at different stores and just hope it works for ya. ha ha.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

Always good to have a plan firmly in place so you can start mentally preparing.

So, what made u want to do yoga? What type of yoga?

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Yay for the yoga and yay for Maddy! :)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger David said...

Good luck! Remember to listen to your body when it tells you to adjust the Plan.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Very cool you have a plan, and a very ambitious one at that. You're going to kick butt in Chitown Maddy.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

I'm starting this week and will be training for Chi also...!! My doc wants me taking yoga...but I don't think I'm ready to embarrass myself just yet!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Maddy? Do you feel that bicycle riding is a good compliment to your running program? I keep hearing Shirley in my ear telling us that running produces muscles with imbalance that cross training can correct.
Have you found that to be true? I am curious as I start cross-training with the mountain bilke one week from today...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home