running

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Remember Last Year?

Remember last year when there was a worldwide mojo deficit?

Mojo in Florida? Nope!

Ohio? No Way Jose!

Across the Atlantic? Negative!

I certainly don't want to jinx anyone, but I am not feeling the same malaise I felt about this time last summer. I'm not having trouble with my running...



Well, finding the time to get it done. That's been an issue.

I've lost some sight on the light at the end of the tunnel, but I do feel like it's getting closer.

And don't get me wrong, I love my job. And overall it's really not stressful. Sure, it has it's moments, but what job doesn't? Last week and now this week, not only has there not been time to get my lunch run in, but at the end of the day, I feel so mentally drained, I can't run. And I've been staying up really late too.

That is so unlike me.

It just occurred to me that maybe the lack of my lunch time runs are contributing to the mental drain I'm feeling.

I have been able to get two abbreviated runs in this week. Not nearly what I need, but it's better than nothing.

Next week, I am going to schedule my runs - code name lunch - on my calendar so that I can get them done.

With 11 1/2 weeks until Chicago, I still feel like I am track, but I also realize that every run counts!

Enough with the pissing and moaning! The next post will hopefully be about how amazing my running has been.

11 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Runner Leana said...

Ah, the lunch time run... Good for you on going and getting it done in the Florida summer! I was moaning and groaning about the thought of boot camp in the heat yesterday...and it was 77 deg!

You asked if I ever felt that way about breaking up with running. No, I haven't actually broken up, but I remember earlier in the year when I had bronchitis that wouldn't go away, and then my shins would just ache... I remember seeing runners out looking like they were having such a good time. And yeah, I was jealous! I can totally relate to that commercial. But running and I would never break up!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Haha! I never realized stressed is desserts spelled backwards!

Good to hear your motivation is still there. I find just the heat & humidity takes a toll makes me more tired by the end of the day. Hope doing the runs at lunch will help!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Keep the motivation going! I worked two jobs and full time school one year and I swear the only thing that got me through was running.. a huge boost to your mood and your mind!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Marcy said...

Just roll with it, chica! What more can you do? Why stress yourself out even more, KWIM? ;-)

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Road Warrior said...

I think the important part is that you want to run and just aren't getting to it. If you didn't want to run at all, that'd be a bigger problem. You'll get there, Maddy. Some weeks are just worse than others.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I have been thinking about the "M" and blame the humidity on mine saying goodbye.

You sound like you are on top of things!!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I envy you doing Chicago! Don't fret over lack of running time, you will do it when you can and it will be so worth it at the starting line of Chicago!! Good luck!!!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger David said...

Come on now Maddy. Lunch running? If you can get it done, great. How are those long runs going when lunch is not a factor? Okay. Let's push each other.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

I think that a lot of my motivation comes from my later work schedule. Still... Getting out 'early' is still relative. I'm often up 'til midnight and going anywhere before 8 or 9 AM feels impossible! It just will not work for everyone, though.

My suggestion is to keep focused. It is not your first marathon. You know what needs to happen and when. Let that be your guide! You'll see the need and follow through.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Thanks for the shout out girl! I've been a little worried about the mojo thrief too, but so far so good.

Sounds like you are under a lot of stress at work. I know that makes things tough, but hang in there. You've proven to be a master juggler in the past. You can do this.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Marathon Maritza said...

Sorry you're feeling strained, but just try to get some sleep and get back on the wagon....you can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home