running

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Booked!

Before training officially starts, I am happy to say that my travel plans for Chicago are finalized and booked.

This was the biggest stress factor of this marathon experience. And now that it's set, I don't have to worry about it anymore!

The whole family is traveling with me this time and everything just came together really nicely.

We arrive in Chicago (Midway) on October 4th. We are going to rent a car and drive to Madison, Wisconsin to spend a few days with my sister. I'm excited about this leg of the trip. She moved to Wisconsin almost three years ago and we have yet to make it to her new house.

We're heading back to Chicago on October 9th and we'll be staying at Hotel 71 on Wacker Drive. It's about a mile from the marathon start and just five or six blocks from the three mile mark and about eight or nine blocks from the 20k mark. Close enough where my family can see me a few times on the course.

We're heading back home soon after the race. Our flight leaves Midway around 6:30 PM that evening.

I am so excited about seeing so many friends in Chicago. Petra, Melisa, Charlie, Susan, David...

And I am so relieved that I have a place to sleep in the big city! By the way, if you haven't booked your trip yet, check out Expedia. I got a rockin' deal!

12 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Nice.. glad thats all booked and out of the way. I thought the hardest part was the training :)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Marcy said...

Sweetness!! Sounds like it will be a fun time :-) Now get to training . . . :P

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Now for the training! I start on the week of June 8th.

I look so forward to meeting you and everyone else!

How cool is that!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Neese said...

sounds great, it's good to have the plans firm this early!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

It's crazy that we have to start thinking about this stuff already for fall. I have not booked my ticket yet for Portland, but need to get on it. I'm really trying to piggyback it to a work trip so they will pay for it. mwahhhhh

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger David said...

I leaned on a hotel guy and got a $179 rate at a Courtyard down on Hubbard near the one mile mark. I was plenty happy with that!

I still need to book flights (SW for sure).

Base training is underway!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I definitely need to follow in your footsteps!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great! Glad your whole family will be able to come along and cheer for you. How nice to also be able to swing by to see your sis.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

I am still not quite confident about booking my trip - but prices are rising and so I had better get on a flight soon! Give me 3 weeks and I'll know more.. I'd have to be limping pretty badly to miss the chance to meet y'all...

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

Maddy, I understand your relief... Congrats, and it seems you picked a good place for your family to move along the course... I wish I could join you guys, but there is no way I can make it...I will be following that Marathon as if I were there. You bet I will.

sincere-lee
lizzie lee

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Woo-hoo!!! You are locked in now. Did I tell you my husband is running Chicago too? I'm getting excited. What plan are you using?
mz

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

Hurrah - I always feel good when my travel plans have been finalized. No more worries - and no more having to scan for deals.

And u get to combine your marathon trip as a family vacation - that's icing on the cake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home