running

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Week 11:: Back on Track

After a disastrous Week 10 with a trip to the chiropractor and just over five miles run for the week, Week 11 was much much better.

I went to The Track Shack on Monday to replace my shoes. Unfortunately, they did not have my size in stock for the shoe I wanted. I tried on a few others, Adidas, Asics, Brooks and the bottom line is I really like the Nikes I have been running in. They have been ordered and should be in on Tuesday.

That means I have continued to run in the worn out shoes. Of course, they need to be replaced, but I should be fine until they're in.

My hip has been a little sore this week, but I have slowed my pace a bit to compensate for it. I think the new shoes should remedy the problem.


Union Square, San Fancisco

This week was also recommitment week for Team in Training. Basically, I had to fill out some paperwork that said, I am planning on particpating and I was still on track to raise the minimum required funds of $3,900. Yikes. I'm just over halfway there. If you're interesting in learning how you can help, click here.

Darrell and I made the decision that I will travel to San Francisco with the TNT crew and my personal support crew will be staying home. It makes me sad that they won't be there, but without any idea of how I am going to feel after the race, it is probably a wise choice. I can imagine I will want a nap after the race, my kids will want to get out and about. There will be other races and other trips.

Instead of a crazy long run this weekend, I met up with The TNT crew in Clermont for some hill repeats. Clermont is an oddity in flat Florida. The home of the Triathilon National Training Center, it is quite hilly. I ran the same hill, hidden in a neighborhood four times - and I am feeling it today. I hope we make it out there at least a few more times. It will definately help! We were told not to worry about milage and focus on time instead. I ended up with just under eight and half miles. How funny is it that eight miles really doesn't seem like all tha much anymore.

Time is ticking - the race is getting closer and for the most part, I'm still feeling pretty good about it. Next week I have over forty miles, including an 18 mile long run on Saturday. A group of people are going to run the Moss Park Forest Run 10k. The entire course is supposed to be shaded. I haven't made up my mind if I want to do it, but I might. Would I run three loops? I could... But it might be easier to just run it at home.

3 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Excellent post, lady!

I know it is hard to think of doing such a big race while the crew is at home. Every time Chasen has needed tomiss a race of mine, it is not quite as fabulous to cross the finish line. BUT - we all do what is best! It sounds like you have made a wise decision.

After my marathon in March, I was feeling good. After my first half-marathon, though, I could barely walk. Literally.

Shade is sounding good to me! My neighborhood is very shaded - but it gets old quickly! A 1.25 mile lap is all it offers.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

It is something special to have someone waiting at the finish line for you! Nothing can make you feel any better when you have given it your all and you cross that line!

But, you do know that all of us will be there spioritually, don't you?

Especially if you have your famous pasta and sausage the night before!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

I agree, it is great to have the family there to cheer you on. It was a huge lift for me in my Disney Marathon - but I will be running MCM solo so I know the feeling. It will be an individual adventure (better bring the iRiver).

I am doing an 18 miler as well this weekend. I was planning on doing it on Sunday - with hubby riding a bike - wanted to try one of the local trails. Didn't you say the Seminole trail was pretty shaded? I am going to be out on Fri night so Sat morning is out for me. Going to need to start real early to beat the heat!

The 3 loops at Moss Park sound fun - if you can: a) take it easy during the race and don't try to race it b) can finish before the heat gets too bad.

You could run one lap before the race and one after....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home