running

Sunday, July 01, 2007

What a Week!

Week # 7 of marathon training is in the bag!

and I am continuing to feel great and I have no complaints!

Vacation was awesome! We really had no plans. We had talked about driving a bit further south and taking a ferry to Egmont Key on Wednesday. There are some snorkeling excursions there. We decided Tuesday afternoon that it might be easier to just stay at the beach at the hotel. It was really four days of no plans and staying at the beach.


Sunset - Wednesday Night

Thursday morning I set out at about 7:00 AM for my six mile run. I ran the Sand Key Bridge and down to the entrance for Sand Key Park. I turned around and headed back over the bridge. I then headed to the Memorial Causeway. It was a little further than I thought, but I was determined. I ran to the top of the bridge and then turned around and headed back to the hotel. I ended up with 7.36 miles. It was a beautiful, hot morning, and I really enjoyed checking out Clearwater Beach.

Friday morning I had a four mile run scheduled. I again set off for the Sand Key Bridge and made my turn at the park entrance. Then I ran to Pier 60 and then made my way back to the hotel. My legs were feeling two days of bridge running, and I ran just over four miles.

I am really enjoyed being out and about for my runs. Exploring. All though I had run there before, there is so much you miss when you are racing. I did not follow the same exact course as the Half Marathon because there is road construction near the beach, which is the reason the race for next January has still not been confirmed. If they have it, I'll be there.

Saturday morning I was up early to participate in a fund raising car wash for Team in Training. It was fun, but we weren't super busy. Our total take was a little disappointing, but every dollar counts! I had ten miles planned for yesterday, and I finally got them in at 7:30 last night. I was feeling a little tired and I know I had not properly fueled myself, so I took it a little slower than normal, 6.7 MPH pace on the treadmill. And I ended up with 10.4 miles in 1:33:16.

So why not wait until Sunday? I have been trying and trying to run 100 miles in a calendar month. Yesterday was the last day of the month and I was so close...

The result?



As much as I enjoyed vacation, I'm glad to be home and I hope to slip right back into my regular routine tomorrow. I'm sure it will take a few more days to recover from the vacation.

I am positive I will continue to run and feel strong.

9 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I just left a comment and blogger ate it. Grrrr!

Basically, congrats on letting running enhance your fabulous vacation! And your 100+ miles in a month is so impressive!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Beautiful sunset photo! Glad you had a great vacation and fun running.

Here's a thought that might help increase the turnout at your next car wash: Schedule it when the love bugs out (May & Sept). I'm sure many would love to have their cars washed then!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

And congrats on reaching the 100 mile mark last month. You are awesome!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Glad you had a great vacation! Welcome back. Also, great job on sticking to your running plan while away!!! Great job on your running and on hitting the 100 mile mark! :-)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Congrats, Maddy!

It never seems like a vacation to me wither unless I can run! Some of my best vacations are run vacations!

Keep up the training! I am so impressed!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Maddy honey you're just going from strength to strength you are so inspiring! YOur runs on holiday sounded wonderful and well done on the 100M in a month - you were born to do this. Keep it up and keep us posted!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger David said...

Nice vay-cay. A lot of doing nothing is just what I need.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Cory said...

Welcome home!! I also enjoy to get out while on vacation. Way to go on the 100 miles this month.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Wow, you are really sticking to your plan Maddy. That's awesome! 100+ miles is great too.

Your vacation pics are beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home