running

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back on Track

It was a good week!

I am more and more feeling like the funk is gone. My mojo is back. The blues have disappeared. Any way you look at it, I am back on track.

I wanted to bring my camera with me on my long run Saturday morning. We started out at the beginning of the South Lake Trail and headed out in the pitch dark at 5:30 AM. We ran into Clermont and got to our turn-around point at the top of a hill on Skyview Drive and saw the sun coming up in the distance over Lake Apopka. It was breathtaking, and worth the 6 plus mile run to see it. and the 6 plus miles back.



I ended my run at 12.7 miles. I thought about extending it out another two miles, but I decided not to push too much, as the hip is finally feeling better and I'm just getting back into the swing of it.

I am looking forward to this coming week. It's going to be a good one. Running and otherwise.

******
Nike+ Challenge

If you are on the Nike+ system (Petra, Greg, Robert and anyone else) and would like to participate in a private challenge please either post a comment on this post or send me an email (address on my profile) I'm ready to start a private challenge on or about September 1st - Most Miles in a Month. Let me know if you're in.

6 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Hey Maddy - you rock yourself! well done for getting back into it and onto it. I'm up for the challenge on Sept 1st - just need to figure out how to do it!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Giddyup!!!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

I have a Nike+ iPod chip system. What do you need to have me join the challenge?

BTW... Congrats on the change of attitude and the wonderful sunrise as a reward!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Way to get your mojo back!! :-) Sounds like you had a great run this past weekend!!!

In fact, it sounds like lots of folks are beginning to bounce back a bit! :-)

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear you got it back! Good move not overdoing things on that long run. Staying injury-free will make running a lot more fun :-)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Just listened to "The Extra Mile" and listened to your report! What a voice! I had to play it for the office and tell them about you, about our group of running bloggers and about "The Extra Mile."

Congratulations on your first 14 mile long run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home