running

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Well, You Know...

Things are not going as well as I had hoped.

I could not bring myself to run intervals last Thursday as I had planned. I settled with a tempo run and it was fine. Friday I ran too, but was really distracted. I had 18 miles scheduled for Saturday but my hip is bothering me again and I figured I would get my new shoes and run on Sunday.

I did get the new shoes, but Sunday I got just past the two mile mark and called it a day. It's safe to say I am fighting the funk.

My son has been at tennis camp from 9:00 AM - 1:00PM all week and driving him back and forth (all nine miles) has messed with my schedule. One would think that with more time on my hands, I would have more time to run. I just haven't been feeling it.

The good news is, the hip is feeling a little better. I am starting to feel better. Tuesday I ran 6.5 miles that really helped to clear my head. Yesterday. distracted again, I stopped after 3 miles.


How I've been feeling

I have 16 miles on Saturday followed by a fund raiser car wash - For those of you in Orlando, it's at the 7-11 on 17-92 and 436 from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Bring your car by, donate to a good cause and we'll wash it!

Right now, I'm feeling like things are on the upswing. I don't think I've strayed too far from my training plan. I need to get my hip and my mind healthy and I think I'm getting there.

10 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I agree; you are getting back on track.

This reminds me of my pre-robbery funk (aka loss of the running mojo). It did return... but it is amazing how non-running things can totally affect our running. Running usually clears my head, too - but some things cloud it up to the point of zero velocity!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

With changes come, well, changes. You have a lot on your mind and sometimes it will become a priority over other things. I wouldn't worry, though. A classy lady like you will be right back to it in no time!

Have I mentioned that my second half-marathon is 2 days away?

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger nylisa said...

Sorry to hear that you're going through a bit of hard times. Hopefully things will work themselves out. Like Cewtwo says, you'll bounce back in no time!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Sounds like you are doing all the right stuff and things will turn around! Sorry I couldn't make the car wash, we sweated it out today at the Magic Kingdom (and my car could have used it too!).

Hope you got a good run in today!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

You are back on track I think. It's hard - and sometimes impossible - to prioritise running when there are so many things going on in your life. You're doing the best you can, given what else is going on and that's all part of training. There's enough give in these long programs for everyone to be able to drop out from time to time. Have a good run today and enjoy the magic kingdom - am SO jealous!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Man, I missed the car wash!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Darn it! Sorry I missed the car wash last Saturaday but glad to hear your hip is doing better. Don't worry about having a down week training-wise, esp. while dealing with an injury and other stressors in your life. The best thing you can do is try to stay healthy mentally and physically. Here's to a good week of training for both of us!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with casey- so upset i missed the carwash. hope this one went well for you. ummmm, scary pic BTW!!!

miss you and lunch should def happen soon!!!! love ya!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger David said...

the hip is where things tighten up and affect other parts. A good massage to get out the knots would feel reaaaaaally good.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

I'm in the funk too!! What's up with that?

I hope you get back on track Maddy. I'm pullin for ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home