running

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

More Time To Run?

Yesterday, I was informed that due to a financial shortfall, my company needed to reduce headcount.

I am now unemployed.

I am hopeful that this will be short-term, meaning that I will find another job, it is certain I will not return to my former company.

While I am in search of a new job, I no longer will be waking up at the crack of dawn to get my miles in.

I had six miles scheduled for yesterday. My plan was to run when I got home from work. Honestly, by the time I got home, I just didn't have it in me. The plan was to make those miles up today.

I spent a lot of my day reaching out to people I know in my industry, explaining my current situation and asking them to keep me in mind if anything came up.

While I know a run would make me feel so much better, I just haven't been able to get my clothes changed and do it.

Tomorrow is another day. I have speedwork on my schedule and I plan on getting it in before lunch.

If anyone out there in the blogosphere knows of any email marketing positions, let me know.

13 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont lose site of your goal...i know only great things are in your path. love you

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Arcane said...

Sorry to hear. Good luck with the job search.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

I am so sorry to hear about your job situation. I know how that can affect training.

Hope you make it out for your speed work - I think that you will feel better running.

I don't know much about the email marketing business but will keep an eye out for you.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Marathon Maritza said...

I'm sorry this happened...it sucks.

I will be sending you good virtual vibes at finding a new, awesome job. Best wishes!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Oh, Maddy, I'm so sorry.

I wish you the best of luck and know that something better is coming your way.

Remember to take out your frustrations in good, long runs!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Hang in there Maddy... We are all thinking of you.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Maddy, sorry to hear about your job. I'm a web application developer and we sell Applicant Tracking Software.

http://www.myStaffingPro.com

All of our clients post jobs through our system. If I see anything I think you might be interested in, I'll zip you an email.

Hang in there girl!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh Maddy!

With your exuberant personality I just KNOW that a new, even-better job will find its way to you ASAP.

I agree with Charlie; run off some frustration!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger akshaye said...

sorry to hear about that. and good luck with the job search.

take care
akshaye

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Oh Maddy honey - these things can seem such a blow to everything. But truly - as Susan says - you have such a wonderful personality this will work out for you. I am sending you a big virtual hug and will send you any suggestions I can think of. In the meantime, you might as well run... Big hug, Petra

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Maddy, I did a search of our database for email marketing positions in FL. I didn't come up with any. I did find marketing positions. If you would be interested in more info, send me an email at mzachrich@gmail.com. Also, do you have a resume you could forward?

Thanks,
Melisa

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear the news. Keep thinking positive ... Something better may just come along!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger David said...

What a lousy turn of events. I bet you'll be happier wherever you land next.

check out the job bank at prsaorlanndo.org. You might find something close there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home