running

Monday, August 20, 2007

Where Have I Been?

Shakin' the Funk. That's where.

I have been reading your blogs, I just haven't commented. And for that I am sorry.

Last week I was still feeling anxious and was having a little bit of a hard time focusing while running. The weekend was extremely busy getting the kids ready for the first day of school.

After we dropped them off this morning I came home and ran 10.6 miles. I would believe the funk has lifted and I am back to feeling like my old self again.



I missed a few long runs and I'm feeling like my training plan will need to be adjusted. I don't think I want to go down to the beginner's plan I have, but I'm not sure I'm able to continue on the intermediate path. I may work off of my own hybrid plan somewhere in the middle of each plan.

My hip is feeling much, much better. With 61 Days to go until the Marathon, I'm sure things will stay on the right track.

And David, I think you're right - a massage is much needed.

4 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

So glad to hear you got in 10.6 miles this morning. Sounds like the funk has been broken!

You know what? I've never precisely followed any marathon training plan and I doubt few have. There's always things that come up and require some modifications to one's training plan. You're normal :-)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Welcome back on the road!!! Glad you have broken the funk!

I am with Shirley - I take the plans then modify them to fit my own schedule and sense of my ability. I also schedule in extra weeks in case I miss one or two along the way - gives me some room to adjust.

You are going to do just fine!
:-) Maybe we can get together for one of those catchup long runs soon!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Yay! You've been (and are going through) a lot.

10.6 miles! Welcome back!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Susan said...

EXCELLENT! I'm glad you're "back" with us!!!!

I have been thinking of you, and more that for just the obvious. My hips have felt "jammed" from time to time, but they work themselves out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home