running

Saturday, October 27, 2007

San Francisco Women's Marathon :: By the Numbers

I finally took the time to analyze my final numbers from the race. And while it wasn't anywhere near my goal, I'm still pleased with my results and I'm looking forward to a new PR sooner, rather than later.

  • Final Time: 5:19:11

  • Overall Place: 2,169 out of 4,671: Top 46.43%

  • Sex Rank: 1989 out of 4,266: Top 45.55%

  • Class Rank(age group): 342 out of 701: Top 48.78%


  • ******

    I have never purchased the professional photographs from a race until this week. Other than one picture from last years Disney's Half Marathon, I have always looked like I'm struggling. Even at mile one of a 5k. Amazingly, the pictures from my marathon, even as I approached the 25 mile mark show me smiling and having an amazing time!

    Early on




    Somewhere around mile 24




    Almost there!

    What a great race!

    10 Comments:

    At 3:18 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

    Great pictures! You look really strong - I can't believe anyone looks that great after all those hills! Well done honey. I hope you are really proud of yourself and your achievement - your first one is a biggie and suriving it as well as you have done is a BIG achievement. Take the time to praise yourself before yo set your next goal. Which is?

     
    At 8:41 PM, Blogger David said...

    Both feet were off the ground in that last one! That's when I usually have both feet on the ground. If they're off the ground it's because I'm on the gurney.

    Good job!

     
    At 10:12 PM, Blogger Susan said...

    You look tough - like a true champion! I love it.

    So what is next for Miss Maddy?

     
    At 10:56 PM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

    Congrats again. Nice having those pix for the memories....You really shoe joy!

    sincere-lee
    lizzie lee

     
    At 10:56 PM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

    show, no shoe....

     
    At 7:36 AM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

    Congrats Maddy!!! You look great. You are a Marathoner! What an accomplishment.

     
    At 2:10 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

    Love the photos. You really look strong from start to finish. Congrats again on completing your first marathon!!

     
    At 4:32 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

    Those are great pics. You look like you're having way too much fun.

     
    At 9:22 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

    Great pictures, Maddy!!! You do look strong there. YOU are the ROCKSTAR out there tearing up those hills!! You should buy one of the nice photo layouts for the marathon, after all, it is your very first!!!

    So what is next? Something flat :-)

    How is your recovery going?

     
    At 2:48 PM, Blogger Marathon Maritza said...

    Great job and great pics!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home