running

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

... That's the sound of the clock ticking. I feel like I still have so much to do before I leave my house at 3:30 AM on Friday morning. I'm sure that would be a piece of cake for our lovely Susan but really, if you think about, that's almost Thursday in California. 7:00 AM cannot get happen soon enough for the plane to take off and I'm sure I'll be snoozing all the way to Salt Lake City.

My last trip across the country gave me an opportunity to catch up on the podcasts I am so far behind in listening to. If sleep does not come, I will be accompanied by Steve, Adam, Kevin and the crew and Marathon Chris. I couldn't ask for better company!

Saturday morning I am going to meet up with fellow Team Elijah member Jamie for an easy 2 - 3 mile run through San Francisco. How cool is that?

Sunday morning, I will be on the look out for Runner Girl Leana and I hope I can meet up with her! If not there's always January at Disney.

I spent some time this week creating my "own" singlet for the big day.





I'm running this race to honor my friend Casey (in case you hadn't heard). I also wanted to pay tribute to others who have won their battles with cancer, those who are still fighting and those who lost the battle.

I. Am. So. Excited!

9 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I'm so excited for you, Maddy!

EXCELLENT singlet!!!! I will forward this to Elijah's parents.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Road Warrior said...

Maddy, you are all over this marathon. I'm really excited to hear how you did, but I know you'll rock this. You've trained well and you've got good karma going in.

We believe in you. Run strong!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Maddy! You are SO ready for this and I.AM.SO.EXCITED.FOR.YOU. Your singlet is fantastic - as are you. ENJOY THE RACE - it is a phenomenal experience - and every time you feel like fading imagine hearing my foghorn of a voice (because I am LOUD) shouting MADDY YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR! Because that's what I'm thinking from this side of the Atlantic!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

GREAT SINGLET!! Having your name on the front of your shirt will generate lots of cheers for you. And having all those names on the back will motivate you to run strong.

Have a wonderful time and I look forward to hearing all about it!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

A runner and a crafy lady! Nice.

Ok. Just relax now. Breath. Write lists. Check things off. Breath again. Drink water. Breath.

You. Got. This.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

You are so ready to rock this thing!!! As I write this you are probably in the air somewhere on your way to San Francisco!!! Enjoy your time - say hi to Jamie and have a great race. We will all be thinking of you on Sunday.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck this weekend!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Like Shirlkey said, you got it coming and going!

Great singlet! Totally cool idea!

Race Report! Race Report!! Pictures!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

How was the race? Cant wait for your report!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home