running

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm Home!

I haven't been the greatest about replying to my email. There have been several emails from my friends congratulating me on my job and due to the preparation for my trip, I just ran out of time to reply. So thank you all for your encouragement, support, well-wishes and thanks for being my friends!

I spent three days in San Diego with my new company and I was able to get two five mile runs in. I have yet to update my sidebar or upload my iPod info, but I'll get there.

I was staying in Old Town which is a tourist district with some historical areas, museums and restaurants. Both days I passed through there, nothing was open except the coffee shop. And a lone person mopping the outside Mexican tile.


Fred's in Old Town

The weather was beautiful. I would guess it was never more than 65 degrees while I was running. And no humidity! It was pure bliss!

Yesterday I thought I would head out to the harbor. I had a tourist advertising map that the hotel gave me when I checked in and I thought I could figure out how to get there. I couldn't find it, it was dark and I got scared. I headed back to Old Town instead. It was still a nice run!

My new company is incredible! They did an amazing job of making me feel welcome! They are truly wonderful people and I'm proud to be a part of their team.

Saturday calls for another twenty mile run. After my red eye flight I am hoping to get enough rest to be able to hammer that long run! I'll let you know how it goes!

6 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Wow Maddy - looks like your employment change was meant to be!

I am drooling over the lack of humidity...

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Maddy - what a great start! YOu really went for it. Can't wait to hear more - now get some rest and get ready for the 20 miler.. Have missed you and am thrilled you're back with us.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Marathon Maritza said...

I'm glad it's going well with your new company and great job getting some runs in while on your trip.

I LOVE Old Town SD, it's so quaint and pretty! Glad you had a good time

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Welcome back! Ain't it great to run some place cool with little/no humidity? You must have felt like you had wings on your feet.

Good luck on your run this weekend. Look forward to seeing you at Disney on 10/9.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Sounds like you had a great time. San Diego is a very pretty area.

Susan is right! It does sound like you were intended for that new job!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Glad the job is really working well. I like Old Town SD - great place to visit and eat out! Glad you also got a chance to enjoy the cooler, dryer weather. Welcome back to hot humid central Florida.

Hope your 20 miler went ok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home