running

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Some Other Great Reads


18 days!

The time has come to clean up my sidebar. There are some bloggers who have just fallen off. No posts in a month. Some have been silent for even longer. What is the proper amount of time before I give up on these bloggers ever returning.

There are also some additions that I need to make. Why is it that making changes to the template isn't nearly as enjoyable as writing a post?

I have found a lot of these, if not all of these blogs through comments left on this and other blogs. If you haven't read these, I highly recommend them. And if you're lurking, please leave a comment so I can find your blog too.

Pieces of Me
P.O.M. eats Kashi and yogurt for breakfast (my daily morning meal), she's tapering for the Long Beach Marathon, she often has a song of the day, and she's really entertaining.

Running Alone But Together
Lizzie Lee is documenting her marathon journey. Seattle on November 27th, while her daughter will run the Bangkok Marathon on the same day - 7,440 miles apart.

Run to Finish
Amanda is running the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco on October 21st. She writes about her training, NASCAR and the Biggest Loser - one of the best shows on TV.

Runner Girl Leana
Runner Girl Leana, from the Great White North, eh, is running the Nike Women's Half Marathon, and six days later, she's following me home to Orlando to run the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13k at Disney's MGM Studios in Orlando. She'll be back in Orlando for the Goofy Race and Half Challenge in January. How cool is that?.
Looking at her past races, in January we will have been at 3 of the same races. Women Run the World, Minnie Marathon 15k last May, San Francisco in less than three weeks and the Disney Half Marathon. I think it's really cool that our paths continue to cross doing something we love.

I haven't run since I went big on Sunday. I was planning on taking tomorrow off and adjust my schedule a bit. I was planning on five miles today and I just got too busy. Tomorrow is another day and I still have a little wiggle room in my training schedule to get my runs in and continue the taper.

As you know, Petra is tapering too in preparation for Amsterdam. Today I sent her another Nike+ Challenge. Because we are runnung on the same day, I thought it would be fun to see where we end up mile wise after our respective marathons. The name of the Challenge? The Great Pickled Herring Challenge. Are you wondering why? Click here to find the answer.

6 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger RunToTheFinish said...

Wow, thanks for the shout out! Can't wait for this darn race to get here...I mean there's a chocolate station!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Tall Girl Running said...

Hi Maddy--

I just stumbled upon your blog recently and look forward to reading more! From your profile pic, it looks like we're both fans of the same running attire. Rock on, running skirts. ;-)

(Note to self: try a bandana too.)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great Pickled Herring Challenge, how funny!

My next marathon is the day before yours and Petra's. I'm not sure what the weather will be like but Iowa has got to be cooler than Central FL late October. No chocolate on the course, though!!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

wooooooooooooooooooo Shout Out! Holla! Thanks for reading. I like you're blog too :)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Runner Leana said...

Wow, we do have really similar taste in races - very neat! I loved the Minnie run and I'll definitely be back next year (for what I hear is the final race). Thanks for the mention on the blog, and best of luck in San Francisco!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Pickled Herring Challenge - LOVE IT!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home