running

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Seven Whirlwind Days

I would like to believe that I usually post more than once a week, and I have been meaning to write about my run on Saturday since, well, Saturday but after everything else is done, I have just been exhausted.

Thanks to the amazing Shirley I have a solid training plan for Sarasota that accounts for my two upcoming trips to San Diego, and the OUC Half Marathon and the Disney Half Marathon.

Saturday, I was planning on 12 miles. Friday night I set the alarm and was prepared to be up at 6:00 AM. When the alarm rang there was some confusion. My darling husband, who has not been sleeping well as of late, thought that it was a weekday. When he realized it was Saturday he asked me why I set the alarm. I reminded him that I needed to get my run in before we headed to New Port Richey for his sister's birthday party. When he told me that he had not slept well, I made the decision to head to the Tavares Trail. I don't think that's the official name of the trail, but I don't what it's called or if it's an official trail.

I started downtown across the street from the County Courthouse and headed towards Highway 441. The "trail" runs along 441 across the street form Lake Eustis. I wished for my camera, because it was really beautiful. As I continued on a Bald Eagle flew directly over my head. The Eagle was chasing a smaller bird who was carrying a fish. The smaller bird dropped the fish in the grass between me and the highway. The Eagle circled back around but couldn't find the fish and after a nano-second, gave up and flew away.

I was really enjoying being out in the 50 degree weather. As I ran on, I began to worry about the time I had been gone and what time we were supposed to leave. After four miles out, I turned back. Eight miles for Saturday.

Sunday morning I made up those missing four miles on the treadmill.

This week, things are going as planned, more or less. My daughter had a cold last week, my son had it over the weekend, and guess who has "scratchy throat" today?

I have had my share of Airborne today, tea and Popsicles trying to soothe my throat and I'm trying to avoid the dreaded runny nose.

I cut my six mile run short today. I ended with 3.25 miles and I may get those missing miles in tomorrow - depending on how I feel.

Ugh.

9 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Hope you feel better soon.

How cool.. that you saw the bald eagle!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Glad I could help. Sounds like a cool run in both senses. I enjoy looking at wildlife when I run too.

Take care and get well soon!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger David said...

nothing beats running with the wild

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

I was wondering where the heck you were. I saw on you forums, I got comments, but no blog? sheesh.

ha ha - kidding.
Nice running. You rock.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Marathon Maritza said...

Feel better soon! I love seeing animals while out on runs...it's such a treat!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

I need to get that attitude that if I can't complete a run, I will complete it next day. I am so structured that killed myself with the "literate" plan, giving me room for NO out-of-the-plan issues. When this happens then I get stressed out.

I'll try to chill...
lizzier

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Woohoo - 16.27 miles! You crazy nut! did you ever jump out of the saddle! You are so back in there. WEll done girlfriend - fantastic work. You make me proud (and feel lazy....). What's your schedule? more detail please I'm a schedule nut at the mo'...

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Sounds like things are going well. Hope the kiddos are feeling better soon.

Thanks so much for the postcard! It's on my fridge. My husband and I were just in your area (Bradenton, FL) and my daughter gave me your card as soon as we got back.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

You are a running machine!! :-)

Tagged you on a Meme...see my blog.

Have a great training week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home