running

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What the...

I wrote my last post on Friday evening while I was at the airport in San Diego. My plan was to get home and get a long run in over the three day weekend. I was on the red-eye and actually got a fair amount of sleep on the first leg of my trip to Atlanta. I also slept most of the way from Atlanta to Orlando. I don't do well with disrupted sleep. My plan was to lay down for just a little while when I arrived home.

I was so excited to see my family. It was a long trip and I was happy to be home. I said hello and layed down for a nap. I ended staying in bed for a little longer. I had a fantastic flu virus accompanied with some lovely chest congestion. I was in bed for four days. Four days!



I'm feeling better today and I expect to continue to improve daily. I hope to be back running before the end of the week.

This has put the Sarasota Half Marathon in question. I could run it and probably run an okay
race, but it's not really what I want. I may sit this one out wait until the Winter Park Road Race and then ultimately work toward an amazing 15k at the Minnie Marathon Weekend.

9 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, seems like a lot of folks have been sick lately! Glad to hear you're feeling better. The alternate plan sound better to me given your goals. Rest up and race strong!

PS - Thanks for your vote!

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Take your time and rest up honey - running a race when you're not fully recovered is a bad idea. Take it from someone who's done that before..

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Wow that illness have really traveled round! We have all had it around my area. Take care and don't push it. The cough congestion will last twice as long if you jump out there too fast.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

What they all said....get yourself better and get back on track to running a great race!

I will be seeing you at the WPRR! :-)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Runner Leana said...

Yuck, I hope you feel better! I'd say to give yourself a break and opt out of the race. Then again, I opted out of a lot of running for the last few weeks while I was sick!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger David said...

Hope you're better this weekend. I am def doing WPRR.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

Oh crud. 4 days in bed sucks!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

It is always a great feeling to return home!

Don't let the flu get you anymore down than it has already! Take your time and run when you are able. I haven't even signed up for my first race this year and you have run several!

Take car, Maddy!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yikes... 4 days in bed??? I cannot imagine myself in bed for four days. You are not alone. It has been going around. Get well soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home