running

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Record Month and Duck Redux

I am excited to report that April 2008 was a record mileage month for me. I ended the month with 123.9 miles during the 30 days of April. This tops my previous record of 109.54 miles in September 2007.

I have been feeling really good and I am looking forward to keeping the momentum going!

Shirley and Irish Blue, - aka- Melisa both asked how I knew the difference between a male and a female duck, becuase of the "Harbor Island Incident"

When I was little I loved to go to the park and feed the ducks. - Okay, okay, I still love to feed the ducks. When I was small, my mom taught me the difference. She also told me that ducks were partners for life. I don't know if that's true or not, but something I remember...


Male Duck


Female Duck

Sunday is Disney's Women Run the World 15K. I emailed our friends at Disney Sports earlier this week about the 2009 races. In their reply they said that this year would indeed be the last year for the Minnie Marathon weekend. I was assured that there would be additional races added. This makes me a little sad. after three years, they are pulling the plug on one of my favorite races.

When I started thinking about it, I decided it must be financially motivated. They're leaving a lot of money on the table by marketing the weekend to women.

I'm sure the race they replace this one with will be a co-ed race.

One more month of running for the fun of it. In June, official training for Chicago begins! Yay!

7 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Susan said...

You'll be training for Chicago and I'll be training (fingers crossed) for the Worldwide Half Marathon, which I can hopefully run along the lake in Chicago as my cohorts sit with their feet up pre-marathon!

Good luck this weekend. Since the race will be no more, you'll have to go out with a bang! I've never done a 15K.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

Maddy - that's unbelievable mileage for April! Wow, I'm impressed.

Now,those are cute duckies! I heard that too much bread isn't good for them - u know?

Sorry to hear about the 15K women's race fate. So, make it your best Disney 15K race ever!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Good Luck with the 15K on Sunday. You should be ready with all the training this month, congratulations! I heard, don't quote me, that the Minnie 15K "may" be replaced with a half marathon. I don't think Disney will give up the revenues.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

Jim,

I have heard that rumor too! It would be a nice way to close out the running season!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

keep the momentum.. I am speechless... Totally.... anger at myself when I see your numbers... amazing... congrats....

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Thanks for clearing up the duck gender question!

And way to go on that monthly mileage!!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

That seems really simple to tell apart!

Congrats on the mileage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home