running

Monday, March 24, 2008

Winter Park Road Race

This Saturday is the CNL Bank Winter Park Road Race This will be my third 10K race. I ran this race last year and and bested my 10K PR from the Disney Classic 10K on October 8, 2000 by more than ten minutes.



Last year I completed the race in 58:07. I was thrilled to be under an hour. So this year, will I be able to keep it under an hour? Will I be able to do better than last year? We'll see...

I am excited to meet up again with Marathon Chris on Saturday morning. We met up last year before the Winter Park Road Race and the plan is to meet up again.

David will also be running in Winter Park this Saturday. I hope to see him also. I missed him at the Winter Park 5K in January. David, Look for the Pink Camouflage Bandanna. You'll find me.

*****************************

Last Saturday morning, I got up at 5:30 AM. My six year old daughter had snuck into our bed to sleep. If she gets caught, she is sent back to her own bed. Apparently, I made too much noise and sleeping beauty woke up. "Mama" she whispered.

"What?" I asked.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to run" I told her.

"Where are you running?"

"I'm going to Winter Garden."

"How many miles are you going?" She continued to question.

"I'm going ten miles." I answered.

"Oh.".

"Now go back to bed" I told her.

She laid back down, closed her eyes and was soon asleep again.

I thought it was pretty cool and a little amusing that to her, ten miles is just another run.

10 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I was checking blogs of runners who pop up on Shirley's site. When I saw the photo below, I believe Shirley introduced me to you at Deleon Springs. Had the pleasure of running the first 6 miles with her, then she found a lower gear!

I too will be running the CNL 10K on Saturday. They've changed the course a bit from previous years, moved the start. Great course.

Congratulations on your choice of Chicago for the fall. I ran it in 2006, the cold year, and it was fantastic. Don't miss "The Billy Goat Tavern" on North Michigan. I just did a post on my blog which included a great restaurant we ate at, "Trattoria Roma", 1535 North Wells. DELICIOUS!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Good luck with the 10K.

That is so cool.. your daughter sets high standards for you!

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Good luck on your 10K Maddy - I'm sure you will rock. I too have kids who are used to me running - if I'm not there in the morning they always assume I'm out running. It's great isn't it?

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

You'll totally beat your time!

Good luck:)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger G said...

My 6 year old boy does that, too. My wife is the hard one and send him immediately back to bed. I am the softy and will let him snuggle with me. We'll sleep awhile, usually until one of my arms loses circulation. Then I send him back to his bed.

Love your blog. (And I am jealous of where you live. I'd give anything to live in Orlando)

Gordon
www.runtodisney.com

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Awwwww! How sweet and cute! "Just ten miles." I love it!

Good luck this weekend. You'll FLY through that course!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

Best of luck in your 10K! Hope you hit your goal!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Cute story! Thanks for sharing it.

Good luck on the 10K! You are running a lot this year!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Good luck to you on Saturday, Maddy! I so wish I could be in two places at once. I'll be cheering for you, Chris, Jim and others running the WP race from 30,000 feet :-)

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Pink camo? I'm so jealous.

You'll rock that race!

Thanks for the nice comments :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home