running

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Who's Reading?

The wonderful Jade Lady posted some questions on her blog, inspired by a comment left by Peter. I thought I would post her questions here with my answers. Feel free to leave your answers in a comment or post them on your blog.

1. Does your significant other (or best friend) actually read your posts?

2. If they don't, do you ever feel like saying to them - just read my blog?

3. Do people tell the Internet secrets about themselves, even deep dark secrets?

4. Do you have a secret(s) that you wish you could share with others in your blog, but haven't mustered the courage to do so, for whatever reason?


1.) No, my husband does not read my blog. He knows it's there, but he doesn't read it.

2.) I understand that a running blog just isn't his thing. I write my blog and read other blogs, and when he's on the internet, he does his own thing. Like look for parts and ideas for his classic Mini Cooper. The point is, we have different online interests and it doesn't hurt my feelings.


The Super Cooper


3.) I'm sure people tell the internet deep dark secrets and post pictures of those deep dark secrets too. Benjamin Franklin said "Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead". The internet isn't exactly private. Have you Googled your name lately? You should.

4.) Hmmmm. I don't know that I have secrets that I want to share. I'm sure there have been things I have edited or omitted. But did you really want to know that I ate Easter candy for dinner tonight? Probably not.

9 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger akshaye said...

Love the Cooper!

I agree with you on the google thing.. its amazing how much stuff shows up!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Bev said...

Hey Maddy!
1. I don't think so. He knows it is there also, but really isn't into it.
2. No, whatever. I usually don't write anything I haven't already told him.
3. Yeah, people are crazy. Don't run for office because it will be found.
4. No way!

Have a great day!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like all of your answer. Point well taken!!! The thing with Google.. its pretty scary. It's like having a big brother watching ya!
One more thing, I hate Mini Cooper. Imagine being crush by an 18-wheeler truck. That's gives me the creep.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

Maddy, I'm glad you liked my q's. I really enjoyed your answers, especially the last one #4 (the easter candy for dinner) - too funny :-).

As for #3, that's a good reminder that the Internet has a BIG MOUTH! While some people like to live dangerously, I, myself, prefer a more conservative approach towards blog writing.

As for #2 (Super Cooper), what is this thing about guys and Coopers? Does he know that there is a podcast that talks just about Coopers? Something for everybody, I guess!

As for #1, I guess I'm not out of the ordinary! I was wondering about this, since I'm new to blogging.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Marcy said...

Oy, oy, oy, I think I'm scared to Google my name LMAO!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I ate cheese dip for dinner tonight...

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

Sometimes a friend or family member will ask me something and I think "Well you would KNOW that if you READ my blog." ha ha.

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

1. He does sometimes and it almost makes me feel a bit funny - quite a few of my friends lurk and I'll realise only when they say something that they check out my blog..
2. Yeah sometimes when I've got a long story to tell .. I should just print it out and put it in my pocket though I should be pleased people are interested at all..
3. I think people say ALL sorts on the internet - despite my big mouth I do try to exercise some virtual caution...
4. No big secrets that I can think of - none that would benefit from being out there anyway..

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Maddy,
I feel the same as you on the hubby reading the blog. Mine doesn't either (to my knowledge) and I'm fine with that.

People should definitely exercise more caution with what they put on the internet. I've lectured my kids about this extensively.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home