running

Monday, February 19, 2007

Warm Weather is Right Around the Corner!

Saturday we are steppin' out! When I lived downtown I loved to walk to Lake Eola for the festivals and events. Other than the OUC Half Marathon in December, I haven't been to a gathering at Lake Eola in years. For the second time in less than four months I will again be making my way to the lake to run.



With the temperature forecasted at 79 glorious degrees it should be a wonderful afternoon for a run!

For Track Shack events, I generally wait as long as possible to register. I try to register before the price increase,but sometimes I forget. I was going to register online on Saturday and it slipped my mind. But we ended up at the Track Shack for my new shoes. Throwing all caution to the wind, forgetting I was there for new shoes becuase my hip hurt so bad, I registered at the store Saturday afternoon.

After yesterday's 10 1/2 miles and virtually no pain, I'm giddy! I slowed my pace to nearly 1 mph slower. I felt like I wasn't moving fast enough, but I have a sneaky feeling that it helped.

5 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Maddy,
10 1/2 miles!! What a stud! I can't wait till the weather breaks here in Ohio (I think it is about to!) so I can build up some of those big miles!

Great job!

Kevin

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Very exciting! Go Maddy go! I'll be doing my final 8 on Saturday.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

hey thanks for your comment. hope your hip is doing better and good luck on the race! cant wait to read about it.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Wow, glad to hear the hip is doing better. Outback should be a great race! Sorry I won't be there. But I will see you for the Winter Park Road Race! :-)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger David said...

Sounds like you're ready. 79 is nice but not my favorite for racing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home