running

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Stretching To the Limit

Have you ever seen those guys that randomly practice their golf swing?

You know, with an imaginary golf club. Waiting for a table at a restaurant, having a casual conversation at the office, where ever they are, their swinging...

I may not be that over the top about it, but I have been making sure I have been stretching, not only before and after I run, but also a few times throught the day.

I found a stretch from the fine folks at Rice University that gave me almost instant relief.

I slowed things down last week. Not always on purpose, on the heels of my kids having the flu back to back, Darrell was next in line. So there was a lot of scurrying for me to take the kids to school, I also had a 7:30 AM meeting last Tuesday. So then with the achy hip there was a mile here and two miles there.

But today...

If I was a scone, this would be me

Happy! Happy! Happy!

This morning I ran 11.2 miles. It was glorious! A beautiful day, with a beautiful view. My treadmill faces the pool, and the sliding door was open and the window behind me was open, there was a nice cross-breeze that kept the temperature just right.

**Yesterday morning I registered for the Disney Half Marathon. I was starting to think that I might miss the opportunity. I think two years ago, I registered in June, but I really didn't want to push it.

When I got the mail yesterday afternoon I recieved my finisher's certificate. What a coincidence...

On a side note, we also took the kids to see Meet the Robinsons - It was cute. Then, Darrell and I had date night and we went to the Magic Kingdom It was a Disney kind of day.

Today is the first day of April. All jokes aside, I'm planning on 100 miles in the next 30 days.

88.8 left to go.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Well that ALL sounds great! I'd love to be a scone...

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

That's such a cute, happy looking scone! Keep up the good work on the stretching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home