running

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Breakin' Down the Numbers

I never thought I was an analytical type.

My senior year in college I took Interpersonal Communication. During a brief discussion of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Test I found out that a small part of me had an analytical side.

Once I learned that small nugget of information it really changed the way I looked at things, and, without a doubt, changed my career-path. (You wouldn't believe the metrics wrapped around what I do...)



Knowing that about me, you can probably understand why I enjoy figuring out where I fell in the pack in the Winter Park Road Race...

There were:
  • 921 Men

  • 974 Women

  • 1895 Finishers


  • How did I stack up?
  • I finished 47th out of 155 in my age group - 30th percentile.

  • I was the 288th woman to finish - 29th percentile.

  • I was the 888th participant to cross the finish line overall - 46th percentile.


  • Obviously, I don't ahve enough 10k races under my belt to make any sense out of this, but it's still fun to crunch it all up.

    The percentiles are better than the Outback Distance Classic but that's not an apples to apples comparison. We'll re-visit these numbers next year when I run these races again.

    3 Comments:

    At 10:41 PM, Blogger Susan said...

    Super stats!

    Thanks for the kind words regarding my current funk. This has never happened to me before. Ugh! I think it will pass.

    I've had a 99 Jetta (old body style) for over 8 years now. I love that car! I hate to give it up... but one day I will have to.

     
    At 1:07 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

    Interesting that the test had such an impact on you. I remember taking the test several years ago and the results didn't surprise me at all. Too bad ... sounds like you're having fun analyzing your running!

     
    At 8:23 PM, Blogger David said...

    Your percentile standings are good. Keep figuring and you'll keep getting better. Why? Because you'll know.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home