running

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It was a GREAT Day!

Last week, in an email with Marathon Chris we talked about scheduling runs on the calendar. I tried it out today and it worked like a charm.

I hope that most days I am able to stick to my plan to get my run in during the afternoon.

I ran the five miles my schedule called for and it was awesome! I really felt amazing. I don't know if it was the cooler weather, or what it was but I was feeling speedy.

As always, the Nike+ and the treadmill disagreed. My iPod said I ran 5.02 miles in 45:01 an 8:55 average pace. The treadmill said I ran 5.20 miles in 44:54 an 8:38 average pace.



And as icing on the cake, Paula Radcliffe informed me, that I have run my fastest mile to date, well, since I replaced my Nike+ transmitter in July anyway. Woohooo!

Like I said. It was a GREAT day!

10 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Isn't this weather great! I felt like I could run forever this morning!! It feels good to get out there and run.

Just wait until OUC....I bet you PR on that one!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

you are being super speedy! well done. Am I being dim though - what do you mean by a scheduled run? Do you mean following a training schedule? And then putting them on your calendar? Never mind me - the dolt in the corner...

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Good job getting your run in. Unfortunately, treadmills are often inaccurate so I'd go with your Nike+ reading. But still, that's mighty speedy running so soon after your marathon.

Are you going to do the Deland 10-miler on Thanksgiving?

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

Watch out Speedy Gonzalez. Way to go!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger David said...

I wish Paula would tell me how I am doing.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Wow - that is great! And Paula to boot.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Great run! Those are good times..

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Great splits! I am so jealous!

But isn't it wonderful when some very much time is spent training and it pays off?

Congrats!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger lizzie lee said...

GOOD!!!! Nothing like seeing the product of hard work.

Congratulations
sincere-lee
lizzie lee

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Maddy!! Thanks for stopping by. I love your blog and will add you to my reader. I'm glad you can do 8 with us.

Scheduling my runs on the calendar is the only way I kept running all summer. I was on a marathon plan (up until 14 miles when my feet blew up) and only missed one run for several months. I had to back off eventually and give my feet a break, but did end up doing a half. I'm convinced scheduled runs were the key.

Thanks again!! Hope to see you more.
Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home