running

Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Good Week

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever and a day. It's been eight days and that's quite a long time. I guess it's true that sometimes, something has to give...

The beginning of the week was a whirlwind as I prepared for my third trip in six weeks to San Diego. Early Wednesday morning, I headed to the airport and by 10:30 AM PDT I was in glorious Southern California.

I have gotten the hang of my three day trips to the west coast and I have done a fairly decent job of avoiding jet lag. After working until 5:30 PM PDT in the office on Wednesday, I headed to dinner with some colleagues. By 8:30 I was asleep.

Thursday morning I woke up at 5:30 and headed out on my run to the harbor. This is the route that takes me around the harbor, past the Star of India and the U.S.S. Midway. I make my turn and head through downtown and back to the hotel in Old Town. The total was 6.37 miles and I was back in just under an hour.

Thursday evening I walked to a little Mexican take out restaurant and I had an amazingly humongous burrito. It was $3.75. I ate half of it. That's how big it was. After I was done eating, I spent about 20 minutes in the hotel hot tub. It was so relaxing.

My room this time was right next to the "fitness center". The hotel I stay at is a little bit older. The rooms are clean and nice. I'm sure to stay competitive, the hotel added a fitness center. It's simply a hotel room that has been converted to hold a universal style weight machine, an elliptical machine, a treadmill and a recumbent stationary bike. As I drifted off to another early night to sleep I could hear the weights being slammed down. Ugh!

Friday morning I was out the door before 5:30 AM and I headed to Harbor Island. I had hoped to run the whole Island this time, but I only made the first half. I was worried about how much time I had. This time around I didn't see my duck friends. My total for the run was 7.54 miles.

Friday afternoon I was headed back to Orlando.

Saturday I wanted to take it easy. I wasn't jet lagged, but there was no need to push it. After dinner, I ran 3.25 miles on the treadmill.

Sunday morning I woke up early and drove to downtown Tavares. I parked in front of the Lake County Administration Building. My plan was ten miles. I ran on the "Tavares Trail" and I headed toward Lake Eustis and into Leesburg. I reached the five mile mark and I turned around for the return trip. I made the decision to leave my fuel belt at home and by mile eight I thought that maybe it wasn't the best decision. It's too hot to be out that long without any water. Next time I won't make that same mistake.

It was a really good week for me and for my running. I ended with a total of 35.41 miles. I'm hoping the good groove continues.

9 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Wow, you are logging the miles there. I bet running Sunday was tough after running all week in San Diego. It was HUMID on Sunday morning...thank goodness for the clouds :-)

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Nice mileage! Sounds like some wonderful running routes.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Neese said...

ahhh I'd love to visit San Diego at least once. Nice job on the mileage!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Marcy said...

35 miles?! Whoot! That is awesome ;D ;D

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger P.O.M. said...

Lots of miles. Way to go!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Petraruns said...

Nice mileage girlfriend - Chicago will be a piece of cake for you! How is everything? And what are you thinking of doing training-wise?

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds like you've gotten used to all the traveling. I used to think 5 hour flights were long but not any more ...

Nice weekly mileage. You'll have a great base to start training for Chicago in June.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Susan said...

DANG that is a lot of miles! :)

You're quite the accomplished travel runner. Go Maddy!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Jade Lady said...

you just just racking them up! I don't know how you do it. How do you balance family, work and running?

I wasn't good at that juggling act.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home