running

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Running with a Friend

One of the benefits of living near Orlando is that it's not only a vacation destination, but a big draw for conventions and tradeshows. That means that because we are all over the world, sooner or later, people end up in Orlando for either fun or work.

Last night I had the pleasure of running with Melisa, A.K.A Irish Blue who is in town for a tradeshow.

I picked her up at her hotel and we headed to International Drive. I-Drive is your typical tourist strip filled with endless t-shirt shops, restaurants, a go-kart track and Wet 'n Wild.

We ran just over 3.5 miles and had a great opportunity to get to know each other better and really just have fun. I thought it was particularly cool because Melisa has also registered for the Chicago Marathon. I get to run with the amazing Ms. M. twice this year.

After our run we headed back to Melisa's hotel. We went to the lobby and asked a guy to take our picture.



I had a great time! And I'm looking even more forward to Chicago to run again with my friend.

**************************

Disney Update

Stop hemming and hawing peeps.

Goofy Race and a Half Challenge = Full
Half Marathon = Full
Full Marathon = 50% Full

If you were even considering the full, now is the time to get registered before it's too late!

10 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Oh man, sounds like fun. I've never run down that part of I-drive. Wish I could have been there!!

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Petraruns said...

I am doing what I can to be there alongside you two this October! How wonderful that you managed this!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Marcy said...

That's so cool! Looks like a good time :-)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

Cool! You're right.. thats such a big bonus being in Orlando.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Beautiful, sweaty ladies!!!

Disney would be THE choice marathon in Florida, in my book!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Only a mere 7 months til Chicago and I'm looking forward to it too. Stay healthy.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger CewTwo said...

Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!

I am so looking forward to it too!

Meeting all these great people! Running my first full marathon!

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Irish Blue said...

Maddy, thanks again for hooking up with me for a run. I really enjoyed it.

You're the best!!

See you in Chicago!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ok, I'm outing myself in public now ;)

How quickly does Goofy fill up? My husband says that's the only way he'll run Disney - by doing both. I grew up in South FL, so I practically lived in Orlando as a kid. I'm always ready to go back!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

Goofy 2009!!!! I signed up the day registration opened. They fill up within a couple of weeks.

Some folks come and run the 5K on Friday - walking away with 4 medals (the 3 races and the Goofy medal). Pretty crazy.

Hey Maddy - wanna do the 5K too? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home