running

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

6 Days Rest

Darrell found out this morning that he needs to go Charlotte, North Carolina on March 9th to pick up some a piece of equipment for his business. We decided to make it a long weekend and as I joke I said "I wonder if ther is a half marathon that weekend."

I jumped on the computer and looked at my favorite national race site and I was totally shocked to see that there is indeed a half marathon on Satuday March 10th in Charlotte. The Alston & Bird LLP Corporate Cup 2007.

After some reasearch I found that it is a rolling course that goes through Historic Myers Park and Uptown Charlotte. I also heard they call it uptown for a reason.



The only experience I have in Charlotte is sitting in the airport between planes - about 14 years ago.

So with 6 days rest from the Sarasota Half Marathon, I am ready to tackle another one.

Think it's too close? In December I ran the OUC Half Marathon and eight days later I ran the Madeira Beach Halfathon and earned my PR.

This rolling course may not produce a PR, but it will be an unexpected race to add to my list.

6 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger akshaye said...

6 days hmmm... I think that's very decent. Try getting in one 3-4 mile easy run about three days into the rest to see how you're feeling. And take a few days off before the Sarasota one too, that way you should be fine. Good luck!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I say go for it - since you have done it before.

Mike Huckabee does not seem to be signed up for my race!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

How can you pass up a half marathon?? I say go for it, have a good time. Don't try to do a PR but enjoy the different (non-Florida) venue!!! :-)

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Good luck on Sunday!!!!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger David said...

Good luck tomorrow. Make the call on Charlotte on Monday. Sounds good to me. Just listen to your body.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Since it is an unexpected race, I'd go into it with no expectations other than just enjoying yourself and not worrying too much about pace or time. Those can be the most fun runs of all.

By the way, I wanted to thank you again for linking to our Blog Database on the main Faithful Soles web site. We now have bloggers from 37 states in the USA and 20 other countries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home