running

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Middle of the Packer :: By the Numbers

A review of the statistics from the Outback Distance Classic confirms that I am as middle of the pack as you can get.

There were:

  • 605 Men

  • 599 Women

  • 1204 Finishers


  • So where did I fall into the mix?

    Almost smack dab in the middle of it all.

    Seconds after I finished



    I finished 35th out of 97 in my age group. In September my age group will change - I think the next age group is a little more competitive - something to think about...

    I was the 219th woman to finish.

    Overall, I was the 631st finisher of the race.

    So what does it mean?

    I finished in the 36th percentile of my age group. remarkably, or maybe not, I finished in the 36th percentile for all women finishers.

    I was in the 52nd percentile for all finishers.

    I was literally 29 people behind the absolute middle of the pack.

    4 Comments:

    At 12:21 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

    Maddy,
    My first thought, after seeing your report and picture was that you had just run a 12k and were smiling just as big as your kids!! You are such a stud!

    Kevin

     
    At 2:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

    Excellent photo - beautiful woman and two gorgeous kiddos! Looks like great stats to me.

    I don't know if Mike Huckabee will be running my race! But I'm sure to find out.

     
    At 11:42 PM, Blogger MarathonChris said...

    It's the middle of the packers that make the front runners look good!! :-) It certainly makes training and racing more fun, less stressful - so we can enjoy the kiddies!

     
    At 11:00 AM, Blogger David said...

    Your numbers are fine. It's the smile with the kids that was a winner's trophy.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home